So, what's with all the thin black rubber gloves? Everyone on YouTube videos wearing black gloves on BBQ channels...?

Cowboy Kent Rollins wears Orange nitrile gloves,so there! That is true but I have witnessed the “ Big Green Egg” craze,The” Pellet Grill” craze, the “Black Nitrile Glove” craze and many,many others.Ha! Just a faze/craze,nothing more nor less.My humble opinion.Just have fun,cook food and enjoy each other’s company.

I'll use whatever anyone else is buying.

I do sell the Black Mamba brand at one of my places of employment.
I think they are 8 mil. and hold up very well.

I admit I rarely use gloves, unless I'm painting or something grease/oily, and then I usually forget anyway.
I've never used them cooking.
The "not so cheap" anymore gloves from Harbor Freight is what I have, the 5mil do rip easier, the 7mil seems to be the sweet spot, still easy to get on and rarely rip and reusable with care. The black 9mil gloves are tough, and reusable, but I find them harder to get on, and they're more expensive, of course.

I did use these gloves under my crab culling gloves for awhile, but have since stopped.wasn't worth the effort.

I wear them more during set up of the offset. When I'm handling probes and grates that have lots of black stuff on them the gloves are helpful. I wear them when putting meat on the smoker and then toss the gloves out.

Regarding them being black, at Harbor Freight it seems the color is different depending on thickness. The black ones are pretty thick and don't tear as easily so they are my preference.

I buy what's economical with amazon subscribe and save. I try to double them as food handling and in the garage for oil changes, etc.

They happen to be black.

Cowboy Kent Rollins wears Orange nitrile gloves,so there! That is true but I have witnessed the “ Big Green Egg” craze,The” Pellet Grill” craze, the “Black Nitrile Glove” craze and many,many others.Ha! Just a faze/craze,nothing more nor less.My humble opinion.Just have fun,cook food and enjoy each other’s company.

Haven't you heard, Orange is the new black...gloves.

I just grab whatever gloves are in my size, wherever I'm at, when I run low. I do like the black because they don't 'look' messy. I just finished a box of those at the kitchen and don't know what color the next box is. I have blue and purple at home, depending on which size.

And those silly clear ones that are really annoying to use because they are comically large.

I've been using my welder's gloves to move pork butt or brisket to/from the smoker, but I just received 100 black nitrile gloves with 4 pairs of cotton liners I bought from Amazon. I have to laugh because they came in the mail yesterday when this topic was posted. :-D

Back