THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
-starter duckbreast with spinach and poached egg (Padawan)

-main coarse wild boar shoulder with potatoes,carrots and parsnip (Phubar)

-dessert spiked coPhee and storebought creme brulee (Dennessey)

Scored the Phat side of the duckbreast,seasoned with salt and pepper...also rubbed it in with a mix of Phresh thyme,oregano,rozemary,sage,garlic,olive oil,white wine vinigar.
Plated the duckbreast with spinach,poached egg,scallion,marinated sundried tomatoes,smoked cheese/onion croutons,smoked hazelnuts/pinenuts,gorgonzola sauce.

Wild boar shoulder was boneless and "Phlabby"... I butterPhlied it some more,made some rough cuts,rubbed with salt,pepper and the Phresh herbs mixture I used for the duckbreast.
Tied it up,scored the Phat a bit and rubbed it with salt and pepper.
In the oven dish there are potatoes,carrot,parsnip,Phennel,celery,Phresh herb mixture,beePh Phond.(I Phorgot to put onion in there)
Plated it with smoked pinenuts/hazelnuts,gorgonzola sauce and smoked cheese/onion croutons.

Storebought creme brulee couldn't come near Dennessey's homemade one...we now have some nice glass bowls though.

Last edited:
Great looking meal , Looks more like fine dining at a restaurant than eating at home ( at least eating at my house )
Was this a cook for you and your family or did you have guests over ? Do you eat wild boar often ? looks delicious !

you two EXCITE me!!
words cannot express how your cooking / grillin' / smokin' inspires me!!
Thanks man! You two are FAN-freckin-TASTIC!!!

Great looking meal , Looks more like fine dining at a restaurant than eating at home ( at least eating at my house )
Was this a cook for you and your family or did you have guests over ? Do you eat wild boar often ? looks delicious !

Most of the time there is three of us (Padawan,Dennessey and me) on the Phriday night cooks.
The Phriday night sessions have become more of a training day for (culinairy) BBQ comps.
We try to cook as much ingredients on the BBQ and try to serve it like we would on culinairy comps.

Every year we order a whole wildboar (cut up) and most of the time we eat it on special occasions.
It's probably the most "honest" meat I've got in my house.

Back