From the poke to the ribs A+++ Marc. Oustanding!

I dig this pic. :thumb:

2016-07-02%2005.45.25_zpssha41zle.jpg

Not that it really matter's, and maybe it's different there in Japan, but here in SoCal there is a difference between Skipjack and Bonita. What you caught I would ID as Skipjack. (Horizontal strips on the bottom back half of the body)

Appreciate you setting me straight. I have no idea what is what, with the exception of the yellowfin and the rainbow runner. I just had to take the word of the other anglers.

Anywho, it was a great day on the water and we've been enjoying the results. Tonight, momma is making Cuban tuna tacos with a really nice fresh black bean salsa! Can't wait!

That's a nice haul there Josh. Glad you had a good time. :thumb: :thumb:

And I do love a good bowl of Poke. :thumb: :thumb:

Not that it really matter's, and maybe it's different there in Japan, but here in SoCal there is a difference between Skipjack and Bonita. What you caught I would ID as Skipjack. (Horizontal strips on the bottom back half of the body)
tuna_skipjack.png

What I know as Bonita would have horizontal strips on the top half of the body.
Bonito_Venice.Pier_2004_1_2.jpg

Again, maybe in Japan Skipjack are know as Bonita.

Agreed, Bonita along the Florida coast (Diane Peebles Home) look similar but possess very dark bloody meat that is virtually uneatable with exception to cats, i.e. cat food.

I caught and kept a Bonita (stripes on top half of fish) about 30 years ago and cooked it whole expecting a great Tuna experience. Boy, was I surprised......

Whatever it's called in Japan, it look delicious along with those ribs!

Back