THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got it on Amazon.com. It's model # ET-73. It's supposed to monitor both the meat and smoking chamber temperatures. I'll let you know how I like it, I just got it yesterday so this is the first time I've used it.

Nice Butt:twisted:

Good luck. Call me tomorrow AM when you take it off. I will want some for lunch

Did you waste the beer into the *WATER* pan? :shock: I hope you had some extras.

CarbonToe said:
Errr, I think the calendar was around a little before the USofA!!!! :twisted:

So where does the international date line run..... :wink:

There is an ISO standard for dates (8601) http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/popstds/datesandtime.html and that states YY-MM-DD.

Hawgsnheifers - Nice Pics! How did it turn out?

ISO Standard means In Search Of a better one.
So we came up with DD-MM-YY.
:wink: :mrgreen:

Well.. im waiting for some pulled pork here in NY. !! havent had one for a month.

CT... CT... CT... Tsk, tsk, tsk...

You should know the drill by now...

You guys invented the language, we butchered it...

You guys standardize the date format, we butcher it...

What's next?

Bring it on! :-D

Well.. im waiting for some pulled pork here in NY. !! havent had one for a month.[/QUOTE]

I've got 6lbs in the freezer right now if you want it

Ron_L said:
CT... CT... CT... Tsk, tsk, tsk...

You should know the drill by now...

You guys invented the language, we butchered it...

You guys standardize the date format, we butcher it...

What's next?

Bring it on! :-D

Just for the record, England did not invent the English language.

English is a Germanic based language which was "butchered" as you call it by adding parts of Latin, German, Anglo, and to a lesser degree Slavic dialects into one language.

Even the term England was derived as "the land where English is spoke"

I took a course on that way back in the day. Can't beleive I remember all that.

We did butcher the term "chips" though, and turned that into fries, then we blamed it on the French.

willkat98 said:

English is a Germanic based language which was "butchered" as you call it by adding parts of Latin, German, Anglo, and to a lesser degree Slavic dialects into one language.

Geek

Butt at 14 hours

Well here she is at 9:20 am central, 14 hours after putting her on. Meat at 147, smoker still holding at 191 with outside temps at 40 this morning. From what I have read, I need to get the meat to 190, but that may take the rest of the day at this rate. Maybe I should move it to the Dera at higher heat, or bring it in an oven it the rest of the way?

Anybody got any suggestions?

View attachment 1424

Last edited:
willkat98 said:

We did butcher the term "chips" though, and turned that into fries, then we blamed it on the French.

English Language History for a 1000 Alex.

Is the pork butt done yet?

Back