THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kick that temp up!!

ya ain't gonna hurt it now..long as it's foiled....with no leaks.

I'd go to like 260-280 and cruise it through, jus don't get too crazy

PimpSmoke <<<<<< ducking

Hang in there, Todd - you'll make it!

I have to tell you that the image I got of you jerking an air freshener out of the wall socket and your PB rounding the couch with fire in her eyes and sparks shooting out of her nads REALLY farked me up!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It was non alcoholic beer.

It's 3:15 central. Meat now at 192. It's coming out of the cooker at 210. Well have some pics here in an hour or so...

Butt is done

Just pulled the butt out of the roaster. So total was 16 hours on the Brinkman and 5 hours in the roaster. 21 total hours. Final meat temp was 205. Tons of juice in the foil. It's sitting now on the cutting board with foil over it to rest for about 10 or 15 minutes, then well pull it apart and see how she looks inside and more importantly how she tastes.

More pics to follow...

View attachment 1427

Last edited:
Hawgsnheifers said:
Just pulled the butt out of the roaster. So total was 16 hours on the Brinkman and 5 hours in the roaster. 21 total hours. Final meat temp was 205. Tons of juice in the foil. It's sitting now on the cutting board with foil over it to rest for about 10 or 15 minutes, then well pull it apart and see how she looks inside and more importantly how she tastes.

More pics to follow...

Dude,

Hope it is not too late.....Before you start pig pickin, let that butt rest at least an hour.

Butt ready to eat

Here is the finished product. It rested under the foil for about 45 min. Pulled off the fat cap, then de-boned it. Broke it up and let it cool a while. It tasted great. Started with a 7 pounder and ended up with 3 lbs, 4oz of pulled pork.

Got to say the first one is a success. Thanks to all the Brothers that gave advise. Going on tonight with a 13 lb brisket. Same deal as last night. On the Gourmet with my electric mod. Beer bath in the water pan. Well see how long that puppy takes. Also going to do up 8 bone in chicken brests, two whole chickens, 6 lbs of country ribs and 2 stuffed fattys tomorrow in the Dera. I love being on vacation.:lol:

I'll be taking plenty of pics for ya'all.:biggrin:

Enjoy...

View attachment 1428

View attachment 1429

View attachment 1430

View attachment 1431

View attachment 1432

View attachment 1433

View attachment 1434

Last edited:
That looks soooo good, Todd! I think I may have to cook a butt next weekend! Thanks for the pics! I'm looking forward to seeing he rest of the food!

Hawgwrites <<< Started with a 7 pounder and ended up with 3 lbs, 4oz of pulled pork. <<<<

:eek: good thing you werent catering, that's a lot of poundage out the window

Todd, that looks fan-farking-tastic! God, I love pulled pork!!

Hey I just noticed you asking about what I did at the start when I got into contests. Well, that was last year! LOL! I'll drop you a PM so this stays on topic.

Back