THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An hour in and at about 100* IT. Probably need another half an hour.

EB9564B5-02A0-4002-B526-B5CC82DC4A9E_zpsrvmuixaf.jpg

I'm thinking once upon a time cowgirl chicken fried a thick slice of meatloaf. Yours has the form and ingredients that in the unlikely event there are leftovers, would make a great albeit high calorie meal

Oof. Full. It was good. Flavorful. Leaned a little on the dry / dense side, but probably me just being overly critical. Wife liked it. Already boxed up four meals to take to the bar and a couple slice sample for my best friend as he has never done a BBQ Meatloaf. When I told him everything I was working on today, he said "wait, did you say BBQ Meatloaf?".

Hook set....

Ok now you did it, what the heck am I gonna do now my planned spaghetti dinner seems... well kind of boring. Looks incredible.

Ok, as I mentioned, this was a little dense and a little dry. Not too much of either, but just noticeable. So, what are your suggestions to resolve that? I tried not to over work it, bug I wanted to get the binder mixed with the meat. Maybe a little milk or some kind of liquid?

Well done sir!

Splash of olive oil to keep it juicy? (I always err towards lipid-laden add ins rather than water based much to my bride's chagrin....)

Ok, as I mentioned, this was a little dense and a little dry. Not too much of either, but just noticeable. So, what are your suggestions to resolve that? I tried not to over work it, bug I wanted to get the binder mixed with the meat. Maybe a little milk or some kind of liquid?
Based on this picture,
850BA208-C111-482E-839B-632DCFD8C56B_zpsuedqsrcj.jpg

the dryness could be due to a lack of fat. I use 50% 60/40 ground beef and 50% ground pork, and it's always quite moist without any glaze.

Back