THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokainmuskoka

is one Smokin' Farker
It's been a while since I hauled the UDS out of the garage for a cook. I've been using the 22.5" OTS in the colder weather(and also discovered the delights of BBQ meatloaf).

I decided to use the UDS this weekend - some wings on Saturday, and a bone-in pork shoulder, some beans and ABTs on Sunday.

The wings were given an EVOO coating, then dusted with equal parts grd. pepper, garlic salt and oregano(+ pinch of powdered jalapeno).

The shoulder got a light mustard slather, then some Stubb's Spicy Pork Rub, and ground pepper. Stubbs's regular sauce and some home made all-purpose rub added after pulling. The beans were a lg can of Heinz Baked Beans w molasses, that I put 1/2 a chopped onion, 1 chopped jalapeno and 1 tbls of chili powder in.

Thanks for looking.

Matt

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 135
  • shoulder.jpg
    shoulder.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 135
  • pulled.jpg
    pulled.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 135
  • ABTs.jpg
    ABTs.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 135
  • plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 135
One weird(though not unbelievable) thing about Sunday's cook - after I shook out the ash from the firebasket from the cook the day before and refilled with lump and a couple of oak chunks, I put the basket back in the UDS while the chimney was getting my starter coals(KF Comp) going. I turned back toward the UDS and there were wisps of smoke coming out. I put the 1/2 chimney in anyway and the cook went fine, but I'll be mindful of that experience when the snow melts and there's more surrounding objects to ignite.

Last edited:
I think someone reported their cooker still having a little heat after a couple of days. It was a wsm if I remember correctly. Just another reason to keep them elevated even when we think they are shut down.

Back