On a dark desert highway

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Made a quick trip to Monument Valley to see the Ring of Fire eclipse.

First stop? Shiprock, wanted to see it for a while and it did not disappoint!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiprock

Made it to Monument Valley

Camp is set up with maybe my favorite view in the world. That is Mitchell Mesa and Mitchell Butte just to the right of the tent

Sentinel Mesa then to the left is Big Indian, Castle Rock, Bear and Rabbit, and Stagecoach

Dinner as requested Brauts, kraut and onions.

Forgot my drip bucket… That’ll do

Lattes were ordered after dinner, milk does not froth at 6200’ elevation :twitch:

Breakfast and coffee after a night in the 30’s was in order!

Time for the eclipse!

Pretty good pic for an iPhone

Shadows were really strange and the eclipse was in the tree shadow

On the way home tried eat at Big Texan, 90 minute wait? Ummmm no

So I cooked me own when we got home

Thanks for lookin!

Oh p.s.

I just learned this a month or so ago and will do it from now on! Beat your eggs and put them in a jug before you go. No eggs to transport, no bowl or whisk to wash! Just pour them in the skillet and season!

Wow, nice trip. I'm sitting here YouTubeing Hotel California live and Boys Of Summer. We were in Dallas visiting the Grands and watched eclipse from Dallas Arboretum.

Your Trip sounds grand

That is an awesome and once-in-a-lifetime trip you took there. Thanks for making us want to be there too:p

Naaaa just an 8’ trailer packed very neatly, if we want to take it? We take it :caked:

Had to stop at the station in Shamrock TX that was the inspiration for “Ramone's House of Body Art”

Thanks all! I’ve got a few more I’ll post from Southern Utah after o go through them.

WOW what an awesome trip. Thanks. Would love to see that park. I heard you were noit supposed to use the phone to take pics of the eclipse. I am sure you sterak was better than the Big Texan

Wow, impressive camping spot! Sounds like a great trip overall. I wanted to see the eclipse but like 90% of astrological events the stupid Oregon weather negated that.

What is the night sky look like there?

With all the light pollution here, I've never seen those gaseous looking clouds out in space or more than a handful of stars. Very rarely, like 5 times in my life, have I seen a meteor shower at all.

Thanks for sharing

Back