Old time rib recipe and instructions(Must See!)

I knew as soon as she said cut up the ribs, the next step was boiling. Of course the pot on the counter was also a clue.

Saw this a while back.. would still hit and toss the ribs. Watched Emril live tonight. he boiled 2 racks of spares in some shrimp boil for about 15min then rubbed em down and tossed em on the grill.

I cant believe I watched 90% of that. I guess I thought at one point she might take her top off or something.

If you look at the post I made some comments to her about her video and also sent her a step by step instructional website on how to properly bbq ribs. She is lost. Poor girl.

Wait'll S.I.D.E. sees this!!

Hellooo Clint? Where are you?

Sorry. Been a crazy week with work and taping a new episode of Iron Chef yesterday. For the record, boiling ribs does make ribs much wetter (some folks say juicy). The one special ingredient Red was missing, though, was.......(hint: it's a liquid)

Thanky....I changed Avatars yesterday and Keale said it was too scary
so's I lightened it up a bit today....don't wanta give anybody bad dreams..

Hey N8 How'd you get my picture :eek:

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 68
Man.......I need to take a breath. Let the anger go and create bad jokes or something......

Well, sorry she din't take her top off whilst boiling them poor ribs. Coulda been worse.....Emeril taking his top off whilst boiling ribs.

I know that before i got into the "low and slow" way, I use to boil my ribs. I feel dirty just tlaking about it. I got the recipe from a person in kentucky.

Boil with onion and bbq sauce.
drain
take ribs out and put on charcoal grill to crust
make a pouch out of foil.
put ribs in pouch and cover with sauce.

At the time, I loved them. Now, I can not even stand thinking about it. Times have changed!

I know that before i got into the "low and slow" way, I use to boil my ribs. I feel dirty just tlaking about it. I got the recipe from a person in kentucky.

Boil with onion and bbq sauce.
drain
take ribs out and put on charcoal grill to crust
make a pouch out of foil.
put ribs in pouch and cover with sauce.

At the time, I loved them. Now, I can not even stand thinking about it. Times have changed!
My Dear Ole Grannie taught me to parboil ribs before I had discovered the smoking of meats in earnest...she was an excellent chef of delightful feasts...and she had been in the BBQ business all her life.. But there's a time and a place for all processes of cooking. As Keepers of the Sweet Blue we have a better, more flavorful way to produce victuals of unsurpassed quaility and palate and I feel it is our duty to disseminate the foreordained code of the smoker to the uninformed and retched...to elevate the consciousness of rib awareness...sorry.. haven't had my nap yet............:wink::wink::biggrin:

Do you think this is what the non-sanctioned judges think ribs should be like? BTW I think she's hot too! Would've been a better presentation if she was topless!

mmmm boiled ribs braised in sweet baby ray's. gotta go its time to get in the garage with my truck running. is nothing sacred any more

Back