THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
I’ve been TDY for a while and came back not too long ago. A lot happens when you’re gone. Before I left, wife and I bought an OKJ Bronco to take with us to Italy. When I put it together, the thermometer was broken. Not a big deal to me, didn’t plan on using it much anyway. Decided on the Bronco over the kettle to take due to the space available because of the ability to hang meat and move the coals up to grill. Anyway, I called CS and explained everything. They had one sent out without question or issue. Received it about a week or 2 later. It was waiting for me when I got back home, as was word that I’m not going to Italy anymore. WTH? I called my branch manager and they explained someone else was taking that assignment. Turned out it was the guy at Fort Benning and I’m going to be replacing him as the 1st Sergeant for the Riggers assigned to the airborne and Jumpmaster school. This was the assignment I originally wanted, so I guess it all worked out and I got a new cooker to boot.

Congratulations, and if you're going to be in Fort Benning, then I'll be the first one to say, "howdy neighbor".

Good things happening to good people. But I'd bet you are at least a little sad not to spend some time in Italy. Lotsa great food there.

Good things happening to good people. But I'd bet you are at least a little sad not to spend some time in Italy. Lotsa great food there.

I’m definitely heartbroken I didn’t get a chance to go to Italy, for sure. Perhaps my next assignment if I stay in that long.

Back