North Texas Bash in May....What Should I Make (or What Do You Want to Try?)

peeps

somebody shut me the fark up.
So, for the folks that don't browse the Bash Section, we have another North Texas Bash in the works for May 30th (date still pending though). You can find more info in this thread.

For our first bash, I made a stuffed fatty, some pig shots, and some pulled pork.

null_zps676cf4ec.jpg

null_zps793a7f60.jpg

null_zps303ef91a.jpg

For the second one, I made some naked fatties, a lamb loaf, and a bourbon pecan pie.

9298E8A2-C02A-47FF-B05D-B5E0DD6DC67C.jpg

B94C1CF5-5681-4333-BB55-70DC44662232.jpg

AC73580F-0FAA-4F86-989E-50085395B943.jpg

For the third one, I made a couple naked fatties and two bourbon pecan pies since it was such a hit at the 2nd bash.

EFA1C785-B401-4EF4-8917-D74240B7FB54.jpg

BEA92CB0-ADD0-42EB-ADA3-D5BD2A84AF62.jpg

In addition to my contributions, we have also had some great grub cooked up by our other fellow Brethren!!

What should I make this year (in addition to pecan pie, obviously!!!!)...or if you have kept up with my cooks over my time here, what have I made that you would want to try?

We got a few months to work it out, so let's get the ideas flowing!

Would love to see some of you folks from the TX/OK/LA/AR/KS areas make it out! It is always a good time and in 3 events, we have suckered folks form IL and FL to make it out and really enjoyed getting to meet Dave, Mac, Bill, and Joann in addition to the regular Texas folks and the Texas newcomers!

Definitely need to do the smoked pecan pie.

Really goes good with Ron's coffee (hint, hint)

Does anyone have a grinder that I could run some cooked ham through the morning of the bash? I want to do an Amish ham loaf, and I can get the ground turkey and mix everything on site. Stupid cross contamination rules... I can't find a butcher to grind the ham for me except Fischer's in Muenster (and that is a hike).

Does anyone have a grinder that I could run some cooked ham through the morning of the bash? I want to do an Amish ham loaf, and I can get the ground turkey and mix everything on site. Stupid cross contamination rules... I can't find a butcher to grind the ham for me except Fischer's in Muenster (and that is a hike).
Never had an Amish ham loaf....but from a quick Google search, it certainly looks like something I could dig!

How would you serve it? As a loaf? On bread as a sandwich? Other?

Never had an Amish ham loaf....but from a quick Google search, it certainly looks like something I could dig!

How would you serve it? As a loaf? On bread as a sandwich? Other?

I prefer it straight off the loaf without bread, but it makes a tasty sandwich with horseradish sauce too.

The date was crowd sourced Smitty. Too may conflicts pretty much every other weekend from the beginning of April.

Back