THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
9.5 lb butt slowly coming to temp. 12 hours in and guessing 10-12 to go. It’s been awhile since I went with 210°, unwrapped, start to finish. I already know it’s gonna be barky-melt-in-your-mouth goodness though :)

29db3d7792732505ece5690af1586c04.jpg

Why are you cooking it at 210°F? I cook mine at 275° and get great results in half the time. What am I missing?

Why are you cooking it at 210°F? I cook mine at 275° and get great results in half the time. What am I missing?

You’re not necessarily missing anything… 275° is a great temp! Sometimes I just really enjoy 20-24 hours of smoke aroma therapy wafting through my yard. If not in a hurry, I love a looooong low n slow :)

You’re not necessarily missing anything… 275° is a great temp! Sometimes I just really enjoy 20-24 hours of smoke aroma therapy wafting through my yard. If not in a hurry, I love a looooong low n slow :)

Me too but without the convenience of pellets...It's a labor of love.

Me too but without the convenience of pellets...It's a labor of love.

So, are you saying that slinging logs every 30–45 minutes is more loving than pushing a button and checking the pellet level every 10 to 12 hours? It’s not as if the recipient knows. Love smarter, not harder... [emoji1787]

Last edited:

When I in the campground at the lake especially!

Reminds me of the old days. I miss those long cooks. Like you, I love the smell that wafts throughout the neighborhood. Fantastic Q right there.

Back