THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was it a full house at this event last year or was there room for more entries?

Strictly enforced? Not that it's a deal breaker but being able to knock back a coupla cold ones with friends is nice too.

There were 30 something teams last year and that was about capacity since the fair is so huge so not sure how many spots will be open. The cops made a few teams blatantly drinking pour out some liquor but if you're not blatant...

As to the sex offender thing, I just signed it last year because I'm not one. But this fair is HUGE with thousands of kids each day and my guess is that its the same form anyone working the fair has to sign. Its not that deep. I just thought the organizers tried really hard to make sure every competitor had a great time and if there's a few extra spots, would love to see some familiar faces!

I think it's a sad state of affairs that we should have to worry about such a thing and honestly I question the constitutionality of it all but here it is for your entertainment

View attachment 23947

Are they going to screen the public entering the fair grounds or just the big bad bbq'ers??? Yoy ask me they should watch the judges,

FYI, I spoke to Helen the organizer yesterday and she said all of the 20x20 spots are full and she has a few more oversized (20x30) spots left so looks like it'll be a full house!

Strictly enforced? Not that it's a deal breaker but being able to knock back a coupla cold ones with friends is nice too.
I see the No Alcohol on a lot of applications, mostly because they are held in county parks, like this one, that have rules against it. A little discretion and some 16oz cups go a long way in avoiding trouble. Leave beer cans and liquor bottles sitting out and you are inviting a problem you can easily avoid. Enjoy the cold ones - BTW, I use the insulated cups you get coffee in. Keeps the beverage colder longer.

Back