THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was it a full house at this event last year or was there room for more entries?

(despite a no liquor policy)
Strictly enforced? Not that it's a deal breaker but being able to knock back a coupla cold ones with friends is nice too.

Last edited:
I have no idea if it is enforced, but this is from the application package:
http://199.233.80.44/documents/131/bbq_packet_web.pdf
- After Fair Hours:
CAUSES FOR DISQUALIFICATION & EVICTION (of a team, its
members and/or guests):
A cook team is responsible for its head cook, its team members and its
guest.
a. No person shall possess or consume alcoholic beverages, nor serve
them to the general public.

And here is an interesting tidbit from the package:
Sex Offender Registration must be filled out for ALL Chief Cooks and their Team Members.

It says "After Fair Hours" I'll have to see what those hours are and how they coincide with the contest.

And here is an interesting tidbit from the package:
Sex Offender Registration must be filled out for ALL Chief Cooks and their Team Members.
I thought you were kidding. What the heck is this all about?

It says "After Fair Hours" I'll have to see what those hours are and how they coincide with the contest.

I thought you were kidding. What the heck is this all about?
I know they have a problem with trailers, but this sounds a bit over board sex offenders???....Was it on the app too?

Was it on the app too?
Yes, that's straight from the app.
I emailed their listed contact to see if I could get some more info. Don't get me wrong, I believe sex offenders deserve to be punished accordingly and I think that those that target kids should be beaten to a pulp, but what the heck does this have to do with a bbq contest?

Is the contest on school grounds or does it benefit a charity involved with the victims of sexual abuse ? It looks like it might have something to do with the 4 H Club

Is the contest on school grounds or does it benefit a charity involved with the victims of sexual abuse ?
Good question. I don't believe its on school grounds but their website doesn't say anything about affiliation with any charities or organizations. In fact, the park's website doesn't have much info at all about the event.

It's at the county park, along with the county fair. I guess they are considering soft backround checks for the people who are going to be spending the night with the CARNIE'S

I just got a response to my questions about alcohol, the sex offender thing and available entry slots. I'll post it here so you can see the answers and I'll attach the sex offender form in my next post

Good Afternoon Kirk ~

1. As part of the Monmouth County Park System Rules and Regulations (see attached) No. 1 - No alcoholic beverages are permitted on park property at all...sorry.

2. Certification to Prevent Sexual Offenders Form is attached for your review. I think it is self-explanatory and it is a requirement of all those who work the Fair and/or participate in a capacity of entertainment or competition.

3. Before the day of the event - definitely. This is our 2nd year and we have 38 slots vs. 35 from last year and they all filled up by June. Currently I have (3) paid entries and 19 verbal confirmations from past competitors. If you would like Kirk, just check in with me every month to see where we stand with vacancies.

I hope I assisted you in answering your questions.

Fell free to call me if you have any more.

Helen P. Fiore
Administrative Assistant
Operations and Maintenance
Monmouth County Park System
805 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
732.842.4000 ext. 4225
732.842.4162 FAX

Back