THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Biscuit

Knows what a fatty is.
Seems like my sweetheart has been listening to me talking about getting an Akorn. Yesterday I picked up her kindle to look something up and she's checking out reviews for an Akorn King Kooker. So me be being as thick headed as I am do not think anything of it. So she asks me for a ride to our local BJ's Wholesale Club. Says she needs to pick up a few things. I bring there she gets what she needs and says "let's see if they have that Akorn you're always talking about". I say sure because I wouldn't mind checking out the price. Turns out they have the King Kooker with a diffuser and a cover in a package deal. We look it over and she asks me what's the difference between this and the WSM I have. I explain to her the differences how it's more efficient and easy to maintain temp once you achieve it. Then I'm like lets go we gotta check out she says no go get a carriage I' getting you this for an early Fathers day present. Wooohoooo!!!!! I love that woman.

Here are a couple pics of it as it seasons the cast iron grates. Tomorrow I'll be giving it all the necessary mods.

akorn3.jpg

akorn5.jpg

Back