THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

420 Reasons to Eat

Hello,

I would like to smoke a brisket (10lb) and a Pork Butt (10lb). I'm currently using a gasser that is tall and narrow. The Brisket will take up a whole rack (The brisket is as big as the smoker), Can I smoke the pork butt below the brisket?
Will the juices from the brisket ruin the pork butt?
Can I use a drip tray, with out compromising the flavor?
Should I freeze one of the two for later use?

Thank you for your help with these newb questions.

i stack all the time, but for some reason i always put the buts on top of the brisket, the flavor is great. The only time i have ever done beef on top is when i was cooking for some people that didn't eat pork for religious reasons. I am not sure why i started doing it this way, i just started doing it pork on top and i guess if it aint broke, don't fix it.

I guess I'm the odd one out. I'd put the pork below the beef...even though I know that pork borne diseases are all but wiped out. Maybe I'm just a freak....I put chicken on bottom, pork in the middle and beef on top. Chicken...always...in any grill/smoker configuration...on the bottom.

-Brian

Back