THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
There's a pizza place back in LA very close to where we used to live in the SFV called Chi-Chi's that used thinly sliced meatballs on their pizza that we loved. So, we decided to make our own to bring a taste of Chi-Chi's to Tennessee!

After we cooked the meatballs(they were actually meat logs), we refrigerated them, then sliced them thinly using our electric slicer. Out of the slicer they were tender and tasty, so a good sign!

Dough all stretched out:

1oFdOLQ.jpg

Sauced:

QNSO5dN.jpg

Added a bit of Provolone:

R5Z5dIx.jpg

Mozz:

eqFqpai.jpg

Fully topped:

TguHf51.jpg

Cooking on the Blackstone @675F:

5mI8MOA.jpg

All sliced and ready to eat:

WEB7IrQ.jpg

The pizza did not disappoint, and was a great way to say goodbye to 2022!

My New Year's resolutions include packing on more muscle(I added 11lbs in 2022), AND eat more pizza, so I have a challenging and delicious year ahead!

:laugh:

We use meatballs sometimes, but I like what you did by slicing them up pepperoni thin.
Looks good.

That pizza is on a completely different level! It looks amazing and perfect for your New Year's celebration.

Picture perfect pie! I might have to steal that meatball log idea. I can see it working well in lasagna.

New Year's Eve Pizza Feast: Homemade Sliced Meatball & Pepperoni

That looks delightful, nicely done!

What dough recipe do you use?

Picture perfect pie! I might have to steal that meatball log idea. I can see it working well in lasagna.

GREAT idea on using these in lasagna - I think we may give that a try next time we make it! I discussed a similar idea in using the sliced meatballs in a meatball sub, giving them a short broil before adding them to the sub so they get a bit crispy on the edges like they got on the pizza.

There was a place in Denver called the Wazee Supper Club. Sadly, I believe it is now closed. They had a meatball jalapeno pizza that was amazing.

Back