New Year's Eve Pizza Feast: Homemade Sliced Meatball & Pepperoni

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
There's a pizza place back in LA very close to where we used to live in the SFV called Chi-Chi's that used thinly sliced meatballs on their pizza that we loved. So, we decided to make our own to bring a taste of Chi-Chi's to Tennessee!

After we cooked the meatballs(they were actually meat logs), we refrigerated them, then sliced them thinly using our electric slicer. Out of the slicer they were tender and tasty, so a good sign!

Dough all stretched out:

1oFdOLQ.jpg

Sauced:

QNSO5dN.jpg

Added a bit of Provolone:

R5Z5dIx.jpg

Mozz:

eqFqpai.jpg

Fully topped:

TguHf51.jpg

Cooking on the Blackstone @675F:

5mI8MOA.jpg

All sliced and ready to eat:

WEB7IrQ.jpg

The pizza did not disappoint, and was a great way to say goodbye to 2022!

My New Year's resolutions include packing on more muscle(I added 11lbs in 2022), AND eat more pizza, so I have a challenging and delicious year ahead!

:laugh:

We use meatballs sometimes, but I like what you did by slicing them up pepperoni thin.
Looks good.

That pizza is on a completely different level! It looks amazing and perfect for your New Year's celebration.

Picture perfect pie! I might have to steal that meatball log idea. I can see it working well in lasagna.

New Year's Eve Pizza Feast: Homemade Sliced Meatball & Pepperoni

That looks delightful, nicely done!

What dough recipe do you use?

Picture perfect pie! I might have to steal that meatball log idea. I can see it working well in lasagna.

GREAT idea on using these in lasagna - I think we may give that a try next time we make it! I discussed a similar idea in using the sliced meatballs in a meatball sub, giving them a short broil before adding them to the sub so they get a bit crispy on the edges like they got on the pizza.

Thank God for the invention of the beef log. I could not for a second imagine holding on to a meatball headed for the whirling finger eater.
Ed

There was a place in Denver called the Wazee Supper Club. Sadly, I believe it is now closed. They had a meatball jalapeno pizza that was amazing.

Back