THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japs are supposed to have heat. Period.

I respectively disagree. I grow my own jalepeños, and my favorites not only have heat, but they taste good. The worst jalepeños are bitter. I don't like bitter peppers. A really good jalepeño has the flavor of a banana pepper, or even a bell pepper, but the heat that you want in your salsa or popper.

I have been growing jalepeños for many years, and they are easy to grow, but hard to predict. Sometimes I get lucky, and the peppers are perfect, and sometimes I don't. Last summer was a good summer. I still have a half dozen jars of salsa, and a half dozen jars of pickled peppers.

CD

I respectively disagree. I grow my own jalepeños, and my favorites not only have heat, but they taste good.
CD

I didnt say that they shouldn't taste good. I simply said that they should have heat. As you also said. I just do not think that a Jap that tastes like a Bell is worth my attention. I think we are on the same page CD. I also grow me own. I dont enjoy the long outdoor season that you do down South, but I make do. I start them early indoors. I have been messing with water and subsequent heat. I have been experimenting with removing doses of water once they begin to flower. Not sure *when* I should begin to starve them of water. What have you found?

Back