THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trying to increase my # post for link to recipe page, but figured I would share my first weeks experience with BGE, man this thing is absolutely incredible LOVE IT!!

I have used it everyday since I got my table in last Wednesday......

1st slow cooked....19 hour cook of Boston Butt @ 225...WOW!

2nd Cooked Spare Ribs/St. Louis Style....BBQ Beans & Corn on the Cob!

3rd Cooked Bacon & Feta Pizza @ 550, family said best pizza they have ever had and I agree

4th Cooked Breakfast Pizza--white sausage & Gravy/Bacon/Eggs & Cheese...

5th Cooked Smoked Sausage was ;)

6th Cooked Double Ground Brisket for Burgers on Cast Iron Grate

7th..Cooked Spatchcock Chicken, Red Potatoes,& Asparugus!

Okay you get the idea I love my BGE!! and needless to say my wife & 2yr old do too!

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips they really helped me while I was researching waiting on my table to come in, I took a couple pics of the breakfast pizza and my new BGE!!

p1032130846-2.jpg

p814378125-2.jpg

p948669230-11.jpg

Welcome!

I'm a BGE and Brethren newbie too and I can guarantee gaining 10lbs after a week of hanging out here! I have loved both my egg and the information everyone provides.

Also, I love your table! Did you build it or have it made? I can't see real well but it looks like a built in cutting board and light?

Again welcome

Already feel like family

Wow I am simply amazed at the replies and warm welcome I have received, thanks to everyone again.

As for the question on the table, I had it built, I've got the guys name & #as well as website if interested, he did an awesome job, it has a custom side shelf, alongwith built in drawer with storage container,and the granite hotplate/cutting board, and he will stain it for you whatever color you want, all that with the shipping for an awesome price....had one little spot damaged in shipping, he built a new top and shipped it yesterday, so the guy is great.

Here is a another pic

p1067213938-2.jpg

Welcome to the BBQ Brethren fellow egger...as you have already noticed you'll fit right in with this bunch. Nice lookin' set up you have there...great pics! :biggrin:

I'm originally from McMinnville...just down the road a bit. I still have a slew of family in your neck of the woods too...:cool:

While you are waiting to get permission to us the link look up a fellow brethernett. She goes by the bbq handle of Cowgirl and has one fantastic blog. Also I think you can goolge at the bottom which just uses this site's forums for any type of reciepe you would like.

JMHO..........

Paul B
SS UDS

Wow Paul...That is so kind of you! Thank you! :cool::-D

Welcome to the forum Tmarksinc! Nice to have you aboard. Love the looks of your set up, sounds like you are having a great time with it! :cool::biggrin:

Looking good, and welcome.
The recipes are OK, but the level of information you get from the Brethren blows those away. I can not begin to tell you how much I have learned in these forums.
this is a great group of folks who are really into sharing their experiences.

i second this statement.. and i believe that recipes are a base point for starting if you either dont have a clue to as what u are doing or just a little unsure, seems like u know what ur doin though. nice pix! and jealous of the BGE, i want one.. so universal

Welcome to the Brethren!

I enjoyed your photos of the Egg in action, especially the one with the afternoon sunlight shining through the top.

there's a recipe section? :shock: i've never been there.

anyway, looks like you'll be posting the recipes in your threads. bring it! :biggrin:

Welcome! I absolutely love the table you had built. It's a real beauty! Looking forward to all the pron that'll be coming from that BGE!! :wink:

Thanks, Tim. Never noticed the date! lol Still like his table though. It is a beauty! :wink:

Back