New to Site,& New BGE Owner..trying to increase # post

I think what you find here in the Q-talk is where you will find the most and best information on what this site is all about. Amazing knowledge and recipes get posted daily.
Yeah, and a bunch are by this guy. (Jealous mod):biggrin:

trying to increase my # post for link to recipe page, but figured I would share my first weeks experience with BGE, man this thing is absolutely incredible LOVE IT!!

I have used it everyday since I got my table in last Wednesday......

1st slow cooked....19 hour cook of Boston Butt @ 225...WOW!

2nd Cooked Spare Ribs/St. Louis Style....BBQ Beans & Corn on the Cob!

3rd Cooked Bacon & Feta Pizza @ 550, family said best pizza they have ever had and I agree

4th Cooked Breakfast Pizza--white sausage & Gravy/Bacon/Eggs & Cheese...

5th Cooked Smoked Sausage was ;)

6th Cooked Double Ground Brisket for Burgers on Cast Iron Grate

7th..Cooked Spatchcock Chicken, Red Potatoes,& Asparugus!

Okay you get the idea I love my BGE!! and needless to say my wife & 2yr old do too!

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips they really helped me while I was researching waiting on my table to come in, I took a couple pics of the breakfast pizza and my new BGE!!

p1032130846-2.jpg

p814378125-2.jpg

p948669230-11.jpg

Welcome!

I'm a BGE and Brethren newbie too and I can guarantee gaining 10lbs after a week of hanging out here! I have loved both my egg and the information everyone provides.

Also, I love your table! Did you build it or have it made? I can't see real well but it looks like a built in cutting board and light?

Again welcome

Already feel like family

Wow I am simply amazed at the replies and warm welcome I have received, thanks to everyone again.

As for the question on the table, I had it built, I've got the guys name & #as well as website if interested, he did an awesome job, it has a custom side shelf, alongwith built in drawer with storage container,and the granite hotplate/cutting board, and he will stain it for you whatever color you want, all that with the shipping for an awesome price....had one little spot damaged in shipping, he built a new top and shipped it yesterday, so the guy is great.

Here is a another pic

p1067213938-2.jpg

Welcome to the BBQ Brethren fellow egger...as you have already noticed you'll fit right in with this bunch. Nice lookin' set up you have there...great pics! :biggrin:

I'm originally from McMinnville...just down the road a bit. I still have a slew of family in your neck of the woods too...:cool:

While you are waiting to get permission to us the link look up a fellow brethernett. She goes by the bbq handle of Cowgirl and has one fantastic blog. Also I think you can goolge at the bottom which just uses this site's forums for any type of reciepe you would like.

JMHO..........

Paul B
SS UDS

Wow Paul...That is so kind of you! Thank you! :cool::-D

Welcome to the forum Tmarksinc! Nice to have you aboard. Love the looks of your set up, sounds like you are having a great time with it! :cool::biggrin:

Looking good, and welcome.
The recipes are OK, but the level of information you get from the Brethren blows those away. I can not begin to tell you how much I have learned in these forums.
this is a great group of folks who are really into sharing their experiences.

i second this statement.. and i believe that recipes are a base point for starting if you either dont have a clue to as what u are doing or just a little unsure, seems like u know what ur doin though. nice pix! and jealous of the BGE, i want one.. so universal

Welcome to the Brethren!

I enjoyed your photos of the Egg in action, especially the one with the afternoon sunlight shining through the top.

there's a recipe section? :shock: i've never been there.

anyway, looks like you'll be posting the recipes in your threads. bring it! :biggrin:

Welcome! I absolutely love the table you had built. It's a real beauty! Looking forward to all the pron that'll be coming from that BGE!! :wink:

Thanks, Tim. Never noticed the date! lol Still like his table though. It is a beauty! :wink:

Back