THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Well I picked up an awesome Shirley Fab cooker on Saturday. Noticed I said awesome :becky:

So here are some pics and description of the cooker.

Front view and as you can see plenty of wood storage. Or a play pen for lil Joey :laugh:

As you can see this has the stainless shelf, highly recommend this option if you order one.

The cooking grates, top is 23"x57, middle and bottom are 27" deep.

The monstrously large insulated fire box, bonus for those of us in the northern areas.

The warming/cooking cabinet. The shelves are 26"x26" with a grease pan on the bottom

Slider "door" to allow smoke into the warming/cooking box

Slider on the bottom of the warming/cooking box to allow for the temp to be raised to cooking temps instead of warming.

The infamous Shirley Fab tag. But it's missing something......................................WHERE is the Made in the U.S.A one Paul?
:boink:
I really think they should ALL have that

Now all in all this is a very high quality cooker. I have to say the craftsmanship that goes into these is top notch. The welds are amazing, Pauls posted pics so I saw no need to.
I've only cooked 2 small cooks on it so far, and am very pleased with it. I have a lot to learn about this pit, but I'm telling you this will be my best friend in no time!

Thanks for looking in and thanks to Phillbillys for selling this to me.

Support your Brethren brothers if you're considering a reverse flow cooker check these out. The price is on point and the quality is the best I've ever seen

Sweet! I can't imagine not having mine. I'd be interested to run one with the insulated box just for fun. Mine runs great without it of course. Most of the time the vents are wide open and I let it run hot, but so easy to close dampers and control the temps.

Fantastic looking smoker!! I'm looking into selling my patio model and upgrading to something similar to this. Any idea what the fuel savings is with the insulated firebox?

Awesome is an understatement. That is one more beast of a cooking machine.
I'm in with Freak on the jelly thing. The good kind of jelly. :thumb:

Thanks everyone, as to the insulated fire box, I'll be able to be more accurate in the colder times of year. In the summer I don't believe there will be a difference.

If you are serious about upgrading, I've got a friend wanting a patio bad. PM me

It's a fine fine quality machine WITHOUT question! .... just too bad it didn't come with directions ;)

I kinda feel sorry for the Lang seeing them side by side!

May many good meals come out of that Dave, Congrats for sure!

Hope he just wanted to upgrade and not just life getting in the way.that would suck to get rid of such a nice cooker.

If I remember correctly he was selling to buy a house. Some things are just more important. I know...crazy talk but I am sure he will get another one.

Back