THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't find cross posting annoying as it shows someone's excitement about a new passion....low and slow....and I was just like this myself 3 years ago....I couldn't get enough ideas and information.....
We're all here to share what we know....if not....we really have no purpose of even existing as a forum. Do some of the same questions get asked over and over....yes....but someone still answers the question....3 years ago it was Willkat, BBQChef33 and Chad.....2 years ago it was Neil, KCQuer and myself.....now we've got guys that have been on the board a year or less answering the same questions.....the bottom line....they are still the same answers, and we're still helping new people learn the art of low and slow.....
This site has evolved into a great wealth of information, with great personalities, with a caring about individuals lives that means as much as how their Q turned out.

So to you new people....ask your questions.....the Brethren are here for you....and welcome to the best bunch of people you could be associated with.....

Solidkick said:
I don't find cross posting annoying as it shows someone's excitement about a new passion....low and slow....and I was just like this myself 3 years ago....I couldn't get enough ideas and information.....
We're all here to share what we know....if not....we really have no purpose of even existing as a forum. Do some of the same questions get asked over and over....yes....but someone still answers the question....3 years ago it was Willkat, BBQChef33 and Chad.....2 years ago it was Neil, KCQuer and myself.....now we've got guys that have been on the board a year or less answering the same questions.....the bottom line....they are still the same answers, and we're still helping new people learn the art of low and slow.....
This site has evolved into a great wealth of information, with great personalities, with a caring about individuals lives that means as much as how their Q turned out.

So to you new people....ask your questions.....the Brethren are here for you....and welcome to the best bunch of people you could be associated with.....

Can I get an Amen!

Solidkick said:

That is why I'm proud to call Mr. Kick my Brother.

GDI!

Crapity Crap Crap.

I inadvertantly started this, so now its time to end it.

Jamman did nothing wrong by cross posting his questions. As mentioned, he is enthusiastic. I was wrong for "joking" about it, but it was not seen as a joke. Sorry Jamman.

So here are the rules:
Cross post from or to other forums(copying text) without giving credit(or blame) as to the source location and author of the text.

That is right out of the rules of the forum. Since Jamman is the author, he therefore was within the rules of the forum.

Jamman, as a side note, this is a VERY active forum. Some of the forums you posted on were no where near as active. You will quickly find that if you ask a question here, check back in a half day and find 6 responses. 2 days, 20 responses.

As one can see, Kick, KC, BBS, have already experienced the friendly atmosphere that has made this place what it is.

In BrianJ's defense, I too can find cross posting annoying, but both Brian and Jamman are relatively new sign on's (don't know how long they lurked) and might not know the quickness and depth of answers here (one might not need to post elsewhere, after a few good post answers here). I inadvertantly put BrianJ in a defensive position, but I have PM'ed him and we are square. Brian shared a personal opinion (no different than my hatred of mustard) and followed it up with a BOT picture of his baffle.

My point? Jamman did nothing wrong in cross posting, and BrianJ did nothing wrong in stating his opinion (thats in the rules too!)

So, now that the cross posting issue, whether I like it or not, is over, can we please get this BOT.

BrianJ, that looks like a good baffle that should help Jamman out, but I want to offer up Phil's "tuning plate" idea as what I feel (no experience though) is ideal in a horizontal. In pictures, this just logically looks like its the best option to diffuse heat. Check this thread for pics:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15481&highlight=hondo

Um, now that I went back and looked hard at that link, is that not the premeir thread on horizontal baffles and tuning plates or what.

I love the plates in the Chargriller at the end.

This (the link, not this thread, yet) might be a Roadmap item if it is not already

<Edit>

It wasnt in there, so I added it.

Back