New smoker, which type?

Big Green Eggs and other ceramics were all the rage a decade ago.Today's new "gotta have" seems to be pellet fueled devices.I would just get a 26 Weber Kettle and rock on. :thumb: Use lump charcoal.It is more trouble but there is WAYYY less ash than briquettes and the food tastes better to me cooked on lump.Good luck and welcome back.

I’m looking to get back into smoking after a 10 year hiatus. I’m wondering with the same rack of ribs, brisket or pork butt prepared and cooked the same, which type of smoker would produce the best product from a pellet smoker, vertical or gravity smoker? I don’t really want to use a side smoker anymore or that’s what I’d be using.
I’m mostly just cooking for me and the wife which I know the vertical and gravity may be a bit larger than needed but that’s fine I just want to produce the best product.

I’ll spend up to 3k-ish. Was just looking at the assassin gravity fed smoker. Heard a lot of great things about those and under 3.

I’m gonna go with the peewee from Lonestar. Looks perfect for what we need. Thanks for the suggestions.

IVC (insulated cabinets) are a solid choice for the vast majority of people.

However, that's a lot of expense and hardware for smaller cooks. I'm a WSM (smokey mtn) guy and find they work very well but, there is some effort in tending you don't have with a gravity fed or pellet pooper smoker.

Today, I would seriously consider a PK Grill for smaller cooks and smokes. Being aluminum is nice! With the venting options, you have a lot of cooking and smoking flexibility. Today I have WSMs and a Kettle but, really one PK Grill would reduce the clutter and do the vast majority of what I do with the Weber hardware.

Back