THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Just got this today and I love it!!
Good solid quality stainless steel and the bonus of 2 needles. 1 for liquid and 1 big bore needle for injections with a lot of herbs in them. I don't think I'll be able to bloke it up laugh:
It also comes with 3 extra silicone O-rings for the plunger and the needle

Link to where I got it [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KDZ1VA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00"]Amazon.com : Bayou Classic 5011 2-Ounce Stainless-Steel Seasoning Injector with Marinade Needles : Turkey Injector : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yj1cuQPQL.@@AMEPARAM@@41yj1cuQPQL[/ame]

I have one that looks exactly like it, although mine was called "The Beast Injector":

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Grill-Beast-Stainless-Injector-Professional/dp/B00MNSGWIQ"]Amazon.com: Grill Beast Stainless Steel Meat Injector Kit with 2-oz Large Capacity Barrel and 2 Professional Marinade Needles: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ixlVfd0L.@@AMEPARAM@@519ixlVfd0L[/ame]

It wouldn't surprise me if they are made at the same factory, and the one I picked up simply has the machined/laser logo and the additional warranty (for the extra price). It definitely has the same molded/rubber inner package, but a different outside box.

Yeah I'd say that's the same one. Gotta love the marketing game lol

Pat, I'd like to get that injector. But after reading the page it says to strain your injection. The injection I use for pork butts contains a lot of herbs and for lack of a better term, larger particles. I block up the larger needles I have every now and again. This needle will be ok since it's a farking pipe :laugh:

But I can see that being really useful for injecting briskets.

Yeah I'd say that's the same one. Gotta love the marketing game lol

Pat, I'd like to get that injector. But after reading the page it says to strain your injection. The injection I use for pork butts contains a lot of herbs and for lack of a better term, larger particles. I block up the larger needles I have every now and again. This needle will be ok since it's a farking pipe :laugh:

But I can see that being really useful for injecting briskets.

I think they have a bigger needle for that purpose. I'll have to look and see.

I thought they were saying it because of the way the "pump" system was designed, not the needle size

I need to watch that again and maybe give them boys a call to clarify for us. After I let my injection sit, usually overnight, at least I do strain it and haven't noticed any loss of flavor.

You know, I wonder if we steeped the herbs and rubs in a pot and then strained them...:idea: Let them cool down and I bet we would get all of the flavor out of them without clogging up the needles.

Hell, that injector you have looks like you could push whole leaves through it!:laugh::thumb:

Right on!

I let my mix sit in the apple juice for 24 hours and then shake it up and inject the pork butts. I know it has good flavor in just the juice since it does sit so long. But I think, I know that's a scary thing, the herbs still add more flavor. Being as the fat and collagen get hot they "sear" the flavor out even more. Kind of like an infusion.

Yeah I bet I could push the whole damn plant through that thing :becky:

I'll be injecting a brisket Saturday so watch for the thread on it and I'll post my opinion of this injector

I'm betting it'll be a really good one though.

Glad to help you guys out in getting a new injector. I know how quick you can go through them. I'm thinking this one will last some time

Back