New here

Shaunvdv

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Shaun
Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and have enjoyed browsing so far. I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to having a community to talk cooking meat with.

I grew up in California, just a short drive south of SFO but left after college and have lived mostly in colorado for the last 20 years. I don’t recall a time in my life where there wasn’t a grill of some sort in the backyard. I spend many weekends grilling or smoking meat and am always looking to learn more and try new things.

I have primarily done most of my grilling on a standard 22.5” Weber Grill. I find this to be very versatile for both grilling and smoking meats but it has its limitations and quirks.
Yeah

About 4 years ago, I picked up an Argentine style grill. This grill is a ton of fun and I love it. I grew up in an Argentine family so we had lots of asados and I really missed this style of cooking meats.

I also just got a smoker for my birthday, earlier in December, an Oklahoma Joe’s Highland. I’m in the process of making a few modifications to this but have done the initial burn off cook and then a short smoke where I did a tri tip, and a long one where I did a brisket.

I know I will be having some questions from those that have experience cooking at high altitude and just cooking meat in general. I will wait until I’ve soaked in more of the knowledge in this forum though. Lol

Last edited:
Welocme! You've come to the right place.

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend the Roadmap to the QTalk forum, as it'll keep you busy for a good 2-3 weeks, and I keep going back to discover more ideas.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the warm welcome. I’ve been poking around the different threads. There’s a ton of info here and I’m stoked I found this forum. Hopefully this helps me elevate my BBQ

Welcome

Glad to have you join us..............these folks seem like they are ready to share ideas and offer advice anytime you ask......

Welcome. I like that grill. Is that the Argentine you spoke of. Reminds me of a Santa Maria grill

Back