THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I prefer the old label- the pig is saucy (no pun intended) and the chicken and bull have attitide. The new friendler animals just don't settle well with me.

i like the first one but i don't like the animals. they look too cartoonish on an otherwise stylized and professional label. i would put an artists rendition of an old time smoke house with smoke coming out of the chimney where the bull is and i would also change the lettering of the word smokehouse to something bolder because to me the K looks like an R and it looks like SMOREHOUSE.

phil

Just an honest opinion, I like the old one best. The animals with an attitude make me think your rub & sauce is serious stuff and I should take it seriously.

Another picky observation: The "K" looks like an "R". I swear the first time I looked at the 2nd label I thought it said SMOREHOUSE. I had to take a second look.

Originally the billboard (white space license plate looking area) said River City Smokehouse. Now it says Smokehouse and part of the letters come off the top ... but the bottom of the billboard is bare. I think the change looks odd from that standpoint.

This could be taken as you want to be renamed Smokehouse BBQ and you are trying to loss River City (See Datsun/Nissan mod)

I like the old one best. But that is just me.

Like someone told me when I was designing my logo and asking for input from you guys.
(and you guys helped me TREMENDOUSLY!!:-D)

Ultimately, the person you have to satisfy is yourself.

Listen to the excellent advice that has been given here and weigh
it against what you think and go from there.

My G'pa used to say

You can please everyone some of the time
You can please a few all of the time
but you can't please everyone all the time.

Really like the old label better. Food with 'tude (or is that fude with 'tude).

Perspective

Great posts and opinions here, good feedback.
One thing I am keeping in mind is that we are looking at the one-dimensional 'flat' view of the entire label at once.
Try and picture it wrapped around the bottle.
Both versions are very eye-catching and the friendly versus tude animals is purely one's favorite.
IMHO, either one should be terrific.
Would love to try some.
Good luck.

I really like the old label. The "tude" of the animals makes it.

I dig the old one. The Misses likes the new one. Truth be told, she'll never buy a single bottle of rub...............ever.

Back