THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boston Smoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Humphrey's Downeast Beast arrived yesterday. Delivery company was nice enough to put it in the garage.

IMG_1316.jpg

This thing was incredibly well packaged for shipping. Heavy-duty wooden crate, well wrapped/padded, and strapped in very tightly. I got the 8" casters so that I could roll it from the garage to the patio. Glad I did, because this thing is very heavy. But with one person on each side, it rolls across the grass pretty easily.

IMG_1317.jpg

Went with the black with chrome door and drop-down stainless steel side tray. This thing is very solid. The doors close and latch very easily, but with a solid "thunk". Even the racks are incredibly solid and heavy.

IMG_1331.jpg

Sprayed it down with some Pam and am currently seasoning. Have 3 probes at top, middle and bottom of cooking chamber. Running it for 3 hours at 225 to season and help set the gasket. Placed about 10 lit coal at the front on the maze. Got up to temp within about 30-40 minutes. Top shelf ran about 10-15 degrees hotter initially, but now all 3 locations are pretty close (224, 227, 228 was my last reading).

IMG_1332.jpg

Had to go with this add-on. Tried it out already. Works great. May need to try it again, just to be sure...

IMG_1330.jpg

Back