THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the smoke stack detachable? I think that was on your wish list.

Very good young Jeddi warrior...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

It's actually only an 8 foot stack...Franklin recommended 12 feet. I have a removable 4ft piece of stove pipe on order. If it was a solid 12 feet non-removable I would have taken down every cable line on the drive from the welder's shop to the kitchen..:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Awesome!

Please excuse my ignorance but for anyone with a huge offset like that--isn't the temp variation from end to end quite significant?

Awesome!

Please excuse my ignorance but for anyone with a huge offset like that--isn't the temp variation from end to end quite significant?
I don't know how much but you see guys moving meats around for what I believe are "heat zones". Some call it putting the meat in the sweet spot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome!

I based the build off of an Aaron Franklin design. He does get some variation but it's manageable. Plus, the welder put some movable baffles in her so I can play with them and fine tune the temp...theoretically anyway :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Awesome!

That’s why it needs the big stack for hot smoking. In order to keep the temp variation reasonable, you need a high rate of airflow throug the cook chamber. Thick steel is a better insulator than most people realize, so if the smoke doesn’t spend too long getting from one end to the other, it won’t cool too much.

Back