New 1000 gallon smoker finally done.....

Definitely want pictures of it running.
That is a thing of beauty and a sight to behold.
Congrats on nearing the finish line!

Is the smoke stack detachable? I think that was on your wish list.

Very good young Jeddi warrior...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

It's actually only an 8 foot stack...Franklin recommended 12 feet. I have a removable 4ft piece of stove pipe on order. If it was a solid 12 feet non-removable I would have taken down every cable line on the drive from the welder's shop to the kitchen..:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Awesome!

Please excuse my ignorance but for anyone with a huge offset like that--isn't the temp variation from end to end quite significant?

Awesome!

Please excuse my ignorance but for anyone with a huge offset like that--isn't the temp variation from end to end quite significant?
I don't know how much but you see guys moving meats around for what I believe are "heat zones". Some call it putting the meat in the sweet spot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome!

I based the build off of an Aaron Franklin design. He does get some variation but it's manageable. Plus, the welder put some movable baffles in her so I can play with them and fine tune the temp...theoretically anyway :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Awesome!

That’s why it needs the big stack for hot smoking. In order to keep the temp variation reasonable, you need a high rate of airflow throug the cook chamber. Thick steel is a better insulator than most people realize, so if the smoke doesn’t spend too long getting from one end to the other, it won’t cool too much.

Back