THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I also agree that an insulated cabinet smoker is a great choice.
I have a Spicewine and can tell you it is a fantastic cooker.
As you can see from my sig. below I have several diff. types of cookers
and the Spice is my baby. I will tell you that the Large is really big and a
Med. is probably a better choice for most. When thinking about bang for the buck,
don't forget to consider construction quality and longevity. From a quality perspective
I can tell you that my Spicewine will last and be smoking away far after I am gone.
This thing is a beast and made to last a very, very, very long time.

Thanks for all of the help guys. I am still looking around. I might try finding someone close to me that has one of the backwoods or pitmakers.

I actually am starting to look at the pitmakers sniper model now. It looks pretty darn nice with plenty of capacity.

Backwoods are hard to beat. Dynamite people. Dealers in most all regions. And a reputation that can't be beat. If you like the Pellet model, then you are in luck. Backwoods will be introducing a pellet option on their cookers VERY soon. I can tell you that it will impart the smoke flavor of coal and wood as well as their traditional models. Right now, it is in prototype but is very close. I am cooking on one of the G2 Fatboy Pellet prototypes and so far I love it.......I have been anti-pellet for a long time but I'm here to tell you, if you like the pellet model, this is worth waiting a few more weeks for.

Oh yea, it has no problem running 400 degrees WITH water.........you HNF guys are gonna dig it. I did two turkeys at 350 with water last week......didn't skip a beat. I am going to to an 18lb prime brisket next week HNF on it. Will post pics of it then.

stick burner

get a LANG the LANG 60 is what you want it has more grate space for cooking for your friends and neighbors once you master fire control it`s oh so sweet makes the best bbq bar none unless you are planing to serve your meat at 8:00 am you realy will not miss any sleep half the fun of a stick burner is checking the fire while you enjoy a nice cold libation

Backwoods are hard to beat. Dynamite people. Dealers in most all regions. And a reputation that can't be beat. If you like the Pellet model, then you are in luck. Backwoods will be introducing a pellet option on their cookers VERY soon. I can tell you that it will impart the smoke flavor of coal and wood as well as their traditional models. Right now, it is in prototype but is very close. I am cooking on one of the G2 Fatboy Pellet prototypes and so far I love it.......I have been anti-pellet for a long time but I'm here to tell you, if you like the pellet model, this is worth waiting a few more weeks for.

Not saying I don't believe that, but I have spent THOUSANDS on pellet smokers(Still have my PG500 which is only used as a grill now), and those things just dont produce the smoke flavoring, even when they are pouring out smoke.

The only thing to date that I can taste a nice smoke flavoring from is my Big Steel Keg, which of course uses lump charcoal and wood chunks.

I might shoot you a call about that smoker tomorrow.

For the money, a Superior SS-1 is a very good choice. I compared price, size and features with Stumps, Spicewine, Backwoods, etc. and settled on Superior. The owner, Kevin Blackburn (678-404-1592), is a great guy and very quick to respond to any questions or concerns. I've had mine since Spring and absolutely love it.

Back