THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cardiac_cadet002

is one Smokin' Farker
I have been asked to put together a BBQ cookoff for our local "Fallen Hero's" community event. The event raises money to go into a fund to help out financially for the local firstresponders who are injured or killed in the line of duty. This is the first of a kind in this area and if it does well it will become an annual event. I have never been to a competion but have read plnty on here and I have a pretty good idea of how one should be put together. Keep in mind this is NOT a KCBS sanctioned event, just a local comp with dept heads and a few others judging. I need some judging advice on what they should be looking for besides taste & texture. Also any help on how to set up awards, entry fees etc. Shoot me a pm with your number and a good time to call because I have so many questions I dont feel I could cram them all in one thread. Thanks bros!

Garry

Back