THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bombay63

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
I got a clean 55 gallon open head steel drum.

Is there a place in Bay Area which will cut the drum to a certain height for a reasonable price.

I am not too keen to do it myself with grinder and cutting blade.

Thanks,

I cut the lid off mine with a Bosch metal cutting blade on a jigsaw, took about 15m. A sawzall would probably have done it in 5. Cutting around the outside would be easier because you already have both feet sitting level on the steel.
Dril a hole first to start the cut in.

Of course you need to be aware of what was inside and both ignition and pressure risks.

I cut the lid off mine with a Bosch metal cutting blade on a jigsaw, took about 15m. A sawzall would probably have done it in 5. Cutting around the outside would be easier because you already have both feet sitting level on the steel.
Dril a hole first to start the cut in.

Of course you need to be aware of what was inside and both ignition and pressure risks.

He's gotta an open head now so won't need the lid cut off

Back