THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Not sure how much cooking I’m doing but my weekend theme is Naturiffic. If I cook it, something Naturiffic is going in or on it. First Up Q Salt
Angus brisket “Premium Choice” grade. Into the drum until 10pm then foil boat in oven overnight fat cap up at 180 or so
B&B Oak lump with two smaller post oak splits in the drum-Oklahoma Joe Bronco.

Last edited:
Brisket update

5 hours in Bronco fat cap down- Stock Therm reading smoke/bbq line
Temp via Thermapen average 165*
Foil boat FatCap up and panned into 190* oven
Awake. 0430 a cup of coffee
Thermapen 187* Flat 192* bottom of point
Not probe tender but looks great with fatcap light crunchy to touch
Completely covered pan in foil
Bumped oven to 210*
Another cup of coffee
House aroma is nice

Nice looking brisket. Not judging using an oven just curious if finishing in the oven would lend itself to leaving the oven with a smokey/pit aroma?

Brisket update

5 hours in Bronco fat cap down- Stock Therm reading smoke/bbq line
Temp via Thermapen average 165*
Foil boat FatCap up and panned into 190* oven
Awake. 0430 a cup of coffee
Thermapen 187* Flat 192* bottom of point
Not probe tender but looks great with fatcap light crunchy to touch
Completely covered pan in foil
Bumped oven to 210*
Another cup of coffee
House aroma is nice

A fine way to start the day.

As I don’t eat supper my Naturiffic Weekend finale is nearing. Cold front hit- wind and overcast. Started misting on my urban hike with a good chance of rain and storms throughout the day. Buttermilk Cornbread-Myron Mixon recipe cooked in cast Iron. 3Meat stew- Brisket-Burger-Pork Sausage May make it 4 and float an andouille link. Red potatoes, lots of onion and garlic- veggies. Naturiffic Seasoning included.
Beer

Here we go. Pretty much explained above. Brisket plus brisket jelly. Instead of tomato sauce or roasted tomato using a can of Progresso Tomato Basil.
Stew to simmer until veggies tender. Bride in charge of cornbread. It's been a fun weekend.
Thanks Naturiffic

Last edited:
Here we go. Pretty much explained above. Brisket plus brisket jelly. Instead of tomato sauce or roasted tomato using a can of Progresso Tomato Basil.
Stew to simmer until veggies tender. Bride in charge of cornbread. It's been a fun weekend.
Thanks Naturiffic

Wowser!

It’s been a heck of a weekend on the high plains, thanks for bringing us along with you.

Thanks for sharing the journey , all of it looks great, had plans to us some of the salts /spices we ordered but got side tracked lol, I can see some others that's going on the list for the next shipment

Back