THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeremy
Thanks to the awesome Sir Porkalot, :thumb::thumb:, and I cant give enough thumbs, I have some ribs on with a new rub. It is the rib on top, putting it beside my loves favorite rub for ribs. I am cooking at 275° and planning to spritz a few times with water/apple cider. Got some new Memphis pellets from Fiber Energy Products I am trying out and going to have some dinner ready a little later.

Last edited:
Sooo...

It is very good! I used a generous amount to be able to get the full flavor. What I wish was that I gave it more time to sit, but I was in a rush so I sprinkled and threw the ribs on.
It is peppery which I like a lot. There is a good amount of salt too. I dont know how to describe the combination of other flavors but it was good. Be prepared rib lovers THERE IS NO SUGAR! I would like to glaze the next ones to see how that goes with the family.

On a separate note, the pellets had a really good smoke flavor! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I'm with Ray - How's the flavor and heat?

John & Co. only use top quality ingredients... and the list above really peaked my interest. Sounds delicious from what I read. Sure looks amazing from the Pr0n!

You folks sure ate well, Jeremy.

Kind regards from Eastern NM.

That looks great, how was the heat? I saw habanero in there..

To be honest, it was not too much. My wife had a couple of bites and didnt say it was too much. She is not a very big fan of spice. She also prefers sugar in the rub.

This will be my go to no-sugar rub from this point. I am interested in using it on beef now.

I have Q salt to open still. I may end up using it on some chicken thighs later in the week.

I think you will like it. When I was living in the Folsom are I stopped by the Naturiffic shop a couple of times. I bought some Q-salt and Johns lovely bride threw in a sample of the hot salt. I'm hooked. Used the last of the Hot Salt on a Ribeye cook for about 40 people last month. So I guess it's time to buy more. Now that I no longer live near the storefront I'm thankful they sell on amazon.

Back