THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bean438

Knows what WELOCME spells.
Just want some thoughts on this. I’m either gonna buy a Napoleon prestige pro 500, or just the prestige 500.

Prestige pro, and prestige are identical except prestige pro has:

-9mm grates instead of 7mm (IMO 7 is better)
-stainless steel side burner grate instead of cast
-built in ice bucket/cutting board
-stainless warming rack instead of chrome
-interior cabinet lights, and grill lites
-led lighting for gas knobs

Prestige pro is 2200, and the prestige is 1600. Price difference of 600 bucks. I couldn’t care less about the ice bucket, or led lighting. I do care about the stainless grate and warming rack which I can upgrade the prestige for 150 bucks more which means the price difference of 450.

I always buy the best, but I’m also frugal. I’ve never had lights so it’s not like I’d miss them. My wife says go for the top of the line because we can, and id regret not doing so. She,figures we,can use,the ice bucket (it drops into where the other side burner would be) to store food that will be fly free.

What do you guys think? Is 450 worth some lights?
Lights would be handy in the winter as it’s dark atmsuppertime and I grill all year long, even when it’s minus 38.

I’m Leary of lights,surviving in a grill although my oven has a light that still works.

Would not be worth it to me- but I'm broker than dirt. One of those silly head lamps from Harbor Freight works pretty dang good for zero dollars/freebie.

Get the features you want- make yourself happy- life is short.

BBQGuys.com has the pro for $1999. in their description, they also mention a rotisserie burner, that is not mentioned on the prestige. If that is different, I would give it some consideration. But I would not pay $450 for an ice bucket. You can buy a Yeti cheaper than that. Never seen lights on a grill last long. They always get smoked up, and don't work that well in the end. If they work it would be nice, but I like my head lamp.

i have a prestige 825 pro. i don't understand the lights being inside the cook area because they have to be cleaned every time you use it but other than that it's great.
i use it when i am in a big hurry or when i am doing low and slow on the hasty-bake and need to cook lunch. it has a huge side burner for a boiling pot or wok and i do a big pot of corn on the cob every time i have it out.
i bought a ng unit because this thing would slaughter a bottle of propane. overall i give it 2 thumbs up.

Both come with a rotisserie.

Wow, you have a pro 825? That thing is a beast.

I know the ice bucket ain’t much, and lights are a good thing but if they’re gonna stop working after a while then maybe it’s not worth it.

Can always use the clip on ones.

Led control lights are a gimmick.

cmr made up my mind. I would not buy the pro because of the light in the cooking area. Makes no sense to me to pay more for such things that can be done better and cheaper aftermarket. You are already getting the important bones with the prestige line.

I was looking on Napoleon's website, apparently they have 8 different models of the prestige 500. I believe this is the model # has all the features you want. P500RSIB-SS. BBQGuys.com has this grill for $1399, and that is with SS grates.

https://www.napoleongrills.com/grills/prestige-series-gas-grills

There is essentially 3 prestige models... one with a regular side burner, one with side burner and rear rotisserie and one with rotisserie and sizzle zone.

The model you linked does not have a ss sizzlezone grate, or a ss warming rack. These are available on the prestige pro, or as an add on for the prestige.

While I appreciate the links, I’m in Canada so your pricing would be more expensive once you factor in currency.

I’m really torn. I want to buy the cheaper grill and add on the non negotiable items. Lights and ice bucket? Meh.....

But my wife is encouraging me to just buy the best.

It’s only 450 more, and I have the money set aside, but I can’t help but think how much meat 450 would buy.......

I have the Prestige Pro 500 with the rotisserie burner (awesome) and searing station (double awesome). I have the lights (don't use) and the side icebox/cutting board. Whoever thought putting an ice chest right next to a flaming hot bbq was, well, I'm not sure what. And let's face it, we are all meat brothers and we all have serious cutting boards. Having said that, if the wife cleared you hot for the pro 500... :)

I thought the same thing about the icebox. I’d be using it to keep food from flies landing on it while I’m grilling other things.

Lights I’d use maybe November to February. It gets dark in Canada during the winter, and yes I grill all year round.

I’ve always bought cheaper grills. I think it’s time to buy the good stuff.

Wife hasn’t just cleared the more expensive purchase, she’s mad that I’d consider the lesser option.

I thought the same thing about the icebox. I’d be using it to keep food from flies landing on it while I’m grilling other things.

Lights I’d use maybe November to February. It gets dark in Canada during the winter, and yes I grill all year round.

I’ve always bought cheaper grills. I think it’s time to buy the good stuff.

Wife hasn’t just cleared the more expensive purchase, she’s mad that I’d consider the lesser option.
Listen to your wife on this one. Happy wife, happy life and you won't be wondering what if, so it's a win, win as I see it.

Have you purchase yet. :becky:

Both come with a rotisserie.

Wow, you have a pro 825? That thing is a beast.

I know the ice bucket ain’t much, and lights are a good thing but if they’re gonna stop working after a while then maybe it’s not worth it.

Can always use the clip on ones.

Led control lights are a gimmick.

i use the ice bucket for the storage of small stuff. the lights have never stopped working but you have to clean the lenses fairly often. the led controls are actually pretty useful, when you have the burner on the control knob turns red, when off it s blue.

the side burner rocks the house and the side with infrared burners will get to 1,700f, it is a steak cooking machine. it also has led lights under the soft close cabinets that are very handy. it's really a nice, well built unit. you plug the cooker into 120v so nothing runs on batteries. the weber lights that mount on the lid handle are good and don't have to be cleaned but require batteries...... i guess everything has a down side.

Back