Myron Mixon Smokers

Mlhunter

Got Wood.
I’m kind of surprised Myron Mixon smokers don’t get more love. I’ve been running his gravity feed smoker for years with no problems. I love the smoker and have used it lot.

I also just got a MMS-48 I love the water smoker. I have only used it once because we are in middle of remodel and we are living in a different house for the next 4 - 8 weeks.

I did one brisket cook before it got buried in our garage with household furniture. I was able to cook a brisket in 5 hours.

The only downside I can see is wood. I’ve been ordering wood from fruitawood for the gravity feed but I’ll need local wood now. I like pecan and hickory but can only find apple and cherry.

I believe his smokers might seem more expensive than other smokers. I’ve purchased other custom smokers that seem cheaper but once all the options are selected there are close in price.

I have been around many of Miron's smoker and they are extremely well built and great smokers.
I hear Ace Hardware is going to start to carry his line or rubs, sauces and a couple models of grills / smokers.

I have always liked his smokers but, just can't afford presently. You might want to try CL for wood. I found someone local that will sell straight-up hickory and oak separately.

I have always liked his smokers but, just can't afford presently. You might want to try CL for wood. I found someone local that will sell straight-up hickory and oak separately.

Hickory and oak aren't native up here.
Apple, cherry, maple, and birch...

-D

Back