THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokeRingsMatter

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Poppy Pellet Pooper
Someone in another onion smash burger thread mentioned a test should be done to see the results of smashing the balls on the griddle, flip, then add the smashed patties to the onions for a bit, then flip and add cheese. So i tried it last night. Its was probably the best smash burger ive made, and the first time i got to try CC on burgers. It was delicious.

2020-06-16-10.jpg

2020-06-16-9.jpg

2020-06-16-1.jpg

2020-06-16.jpg

2020-06-16-4.jpg

2020-06-16-6.jpg

2020-06-16-2.jpg

2020-06-16-5.jpg

2020-06-16-8.jpg

2020-06-16-7.jpg

Great looking burger. I always save my bacon fat when cooking bacon. I'm thinking next time I'll mix some bacon fat into my ground beef to add fat and flavour then try the onion smashburger again.

Looks awesome. After you lightly grilled the onions, I like to smash my burger on top of the onions, then flip with & cheese On top like you did! Those look awesome!!

Ok.. let me ask this question Whats the difference between a burger and a smash burger.. except the fact you smash them on the grill? lol

Ok.. let me ask this question Whats the difference between a burger and a smash burger.. except the fact you smash them on the grill? lol

Nothing. Except the name has “smash” in it. :icon_smile_tongue:

I like to spread my onions all over the grill & get ‘em going a while before I get the meat going so the grill is flavored at that point. I make thin patties that cook fast though, and the onions need a good head start.

Yes Sir! I'll have two please. But not enough onions for an OK Onion burger. You need a ridiculous amount of onions... :becky: Actually I've found out recently that you want to salt the onions and let them drain a lot of the liquid out for at least an hour. Then rinse the extra salt off. They cook up much better allegedly. Makes me want to clean up the Blackstone and cook some up.

1SCftFFh.jpg

5l8K2nGh.jpg

Back