THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chinesebob

is Blowin Smoke!
Premium

Batch Image
Batch Image
After an adventurous 3 days my new little girl is home. I had a great time meeting and hanging out with some of our MOFO brethren. Great people there.

A couple of planned detours as a surprise for my wife(picked up an antique table from her dad) and I was home.

Here are some pics of the little girl we're going to name SusieQ. She's already done 2 fatties and a brisket is on her now. Going in a little bit to pick up some fresh slabs, corned beef, and chickens to cook for this afternoon and it will be back to business. YAHOO!

IMG_0230.JPG

Here she is ready to go. I picked up a trailer 2 weeks ago and took it over to the shop and had her mounted. A friend gave me a JOBOX that was mounted to the front. The trailer was coated with at least one or two coats of black rustoleum, including the bottom.

IMG_0237.JPG

Here's the crew that made it happen. I hope I was a lot less of a headache this time around.
IMG_0234.JPG

The top latch lock.

IMG_0238.JPG

Spice's open house! Those are some crazy guys.

IMG_0262.JPG

This morning's breakfast fatties. Didn't get a pic before my three carnivores devoured them. They've missed the meat as much as I have.

IMG_0268.JPG

Test brisket flat.

IMG_0255.JPG

Just to calm everyone - here's the all important firebox lock!

She's smoking now and I'll have more pics later today.

Looks real nice Bob. Glad to see you are back in the smoke.

About that "open house" picture. Is that three bags of chips and a bottle of ketchup? Is that MOFO Chips & Dip?

way to go BOB glad you are back in the smoke

Smoke on brother and dont forget the pron

Beautiful looking smoker and sweet set up. Nice memory pics. Butttt like Trp1fox said the nibbles are a little different:lol: Don't forget the pron on the test flat:icon_bigsmil

I think we were more concerned with the beer. SteveQ(Jay's brother) showed up a little later with crackers, cream cheese which we covered with some hab jelly. Should have taken a pic of that. I might make that again it was so good.

I am patiently waiting for the post cooking pics. Temps spiked a little bit in the beginning. It's funny to think it's been 3 months almost to the day I cooked on a spicewine last. Got her back to normal and now it's just the waiting. Been on about 6 hours already. Putting the chicken and ribs on in another hour.

All my neighbors have been over asking about it. Looks like I'll be back in business in no time. I was cooking on the UDS but it's different than the spicewine. It's so relaxing to cook. Man have I missed my spicewine.

Congrats Bob... sweet food and memories with friends and family. Don't get better than that!

Learnin' thru burnin'
PA

Congrats Bob - good luck with her.

Is the wire that your travel bolts clamp to attached to the SW or do they come off?

They come off, if I understand you right. You actually inspired me to have it mounted this way. Great idea. sucks on gas mileage(air dam) but it's so much easier to use.

Nice latch lock on the firebox. Will your insurance company give you a discount on the rider since you have a lock on it now?

Congrats on the SW, I know you really missed it.

They come off, if I understand you right. You actually inspired me to have it mounted this way. Great idea. sucks on gas mileage(air dam) but it's so much easier to use.

I pulled mine over 1,200 miles last week and she pulled great. I actually got my ideas from Jay's website. It was my trailer guy who suggested to mount the weight a little in front of the axle. Don't know if it helped, but she sure pulls nice. I really like the extra room on the utility trailer for coolers, etc., and I really like the storage with my truck box. I almost went with the Jobox - it should work great.

Congrats again - you will love the setup. I am going to have a table mounted on the back side by the door latches. It will stand straight up and down against the side trailer bar when travelling and then will fold out when cooking. This way I do not have get up and down to pull the meat out of the SW. I am also looking into some kind of fold down or removalble roof for rain. My thoughts tright now are a reinforced almost bimini top, like boats. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Wow, really nice cooker :shock:

Hope you enjoy it.

Youre gonna hear from my lawyer because of the name, though :wink:

DM

I pulled mine over 1,200 miles last week and she pulled great. I actually got my ideas from Jay's website. It was my trailer guy who suggested to mount the weight a little in front of the axle. Don't know if it helped, but she sure pulls nice. I really like the extra room on the utility trailer for coolers, etc., and I really like the storage with my truck box. I almost went with the Jobox - it should work great.

The jobox was free so I couldn't pass it up. On my old trailer I had a patio box bolted on. More space but no security. This one has the hidden double pad locks.

Congrats again - you will love the setup. I am going to have a table mounted on the back side by the door latches. It will stand straight up and down against the side trailer bar when travelling and then will fold out when cooking. This way I do not have get up and down to pull the meat out of the SW. I am also looking into some kind of fold down or removalble roof for rain. My thoughts tright now are a reinforced almost bimini top, like boats. Let me know if you have any ideas.

When you get your table done, let me know. I was thinking of a fold down table big enough to fold up and secure and then put the top in the job box. I kinda stole that idea, but since I don't have handles....

I wasn't thinking the top as much as some type of v in front similar to Jay's custom ones. This thing KILLED my gas mileage on the way back. I'm also upgrading the tires to a bigger size. A nice tent would work just fine for most things. For small cooks the normal 12x12 but for a long weekend or bigger event I'm looking at the mobile car port thing at costco - 199.00.

Wow, really nice cooker :shock:

Youre gonna hear from my lawyer because of the name, though :wink:

DM

Hey - it's my wife's name. Do they have copywrite infringement laws in Germany?:-D

Congrats Bob. That's a good lookin' smoker. Great to meet you and glad you made it back home safe!

Back