THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rexster314

is one Smokin' Farker
Today I was sitting nonchalantly at my computer and my wife came in and asked me "do you want that smoker?" I had posted a picture of the new MB on Facebook a day or two ago and said it looked interesting.
Any way, we danced around it a couple of minutes, telling her it was 500 bucks and all. She told me why don't you get it? HOLY CRAP!! I checked on Walmart site and a local store had one in stock! Bought it on the spot and about an hour later I got the email saying it was ready to be picked up at the store.
Drove down, got it loaded in the Expedition and I was homeward bound.
Got it unloaded by myself (carefully) and began unboxing. I would like to meet the guy who computer designed the packing method at MB. Wow!
Got everything separated and all parts laid down on my deck. I started timing the operation when I put the first screw in the hold. Someone mentioned on a forum the assembly manual. It's mostly pictures and fairly easy to follow. With a few 10 minute breaks, I was finished in 2 hours. The worst part is starting the mounting screws for the lid handle. Mostly a blind operation and if you drop a screw in between the walls of the lid, you're pretty much out of luck getting it out. And, I did. It must be jammed somehow, cause it's not rattling. Maybe I'll get a magnet from Harbor Freight and try to get it, but it's ok if I don't.
After dinner, I got back at it to do the initial burn in and pair the cooker with my phone's MB app. Everything went good, haven't got a wi-fi connection yet, but the bluetooth connection is solid. Tomorrow I'll fiddle with the wi-fi again.
I'm probably ordering the cover for it tomorrow. I plan to do a couple racks of ribs and maybe some bbq beans tomorrow for a shakedown cook and have a 18 pound brisket waiting for me to have time to put it on.
A big, huge thanks to my wife for letting me indulge my hobby

Congrats and what a nice thing for your wife to “twist your arm” on... sounds like she really had to twist hard... lol. Let’s see some pics :)

Congratulations!

We all figured you had a screw loose... but not necessarily a loose screw. :shock: :tsk:

Looking forward to seeing your adventures with the new piece of kit!

It is great that your wife wants you to enjoy your passion, and blesses you with a new smoker. enjoy and make sure she always knows how much it was appreciated. Looking forward to pics of the first cook!

You'll love it. Have done a cooks on mine almost ever weekend plus the holidays since I picked it up in November.

Nice gesture of your wife. Hey, ask her if I can get a new smoker. I already know my wife will say, I just want a second opinion. Enjoy and be sure to get something nice for the Mrs.

New smoker excellent! Wife saying it's ok and prompting your purchase--priceless. Maybe I could get her to text my wife sometime and help me out. Looking forward to cooks!

Back