My New Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed

rexster314

is one Smokin' Farker
Today I was sitting nonchalantly at my computer and my wife came in and asked me "do you want that smoker?" I had posted a picture of the new MB on Facebook a day or two ago and said it looked interesting.
Any way, we danced around it a couple of minutes, telling her it was 500 bucks and all. She told me why don't you get it? HOLY CRAP!! I checked on Walmart site and a local store had one in stock! Bought it on the spot and about an hour later I got the email saying it was ready to be picked up at the store.
Drove down, got it loaded in the Expedition and I was homeward bound.
Got it unloaded by myself (carefully) and began unboxing. I would like to meet the guy who computer designed the packing method at MB. Wow!
Got everything separated and all parts laid down on my deck. I started timing the operation when I put the first screw in the hold. Someone mentioned on a forum the assembly manual. It's mostly pictures and fairly easy to follow. With a few 10 minute breaks, I was finished in 2 hours. The worst part is starting the mounting screws for the lid handle. Mostly a blind operation and if you drop a screw in between the walls of the lid, you're pretty much out of luck getting it out. And, I did. It must be jammed somehow, cause it's not rattling. Maybe I'll get a magnet from Harbor Freight and try to get it, but it's ok if I don't.
After dinner, I got back at it to do the initial burn in and pair the cooker with my phone's MB app. Everything went good, haven't got a wi-fi connection yet, but the bluetooth connection is solid. Tomorrow I'll fiddle with the wi-fi again.
I'm probably ordering the cover for it tomorrow. I plan to do a couple racks of ribs and maybe some bbq beans tomorrow for a shakedown cook and have a 18 pound brisket waiting for me to have time to put it on.
A big, huge thanks to my wife for letting me indulge my hobby

Congrats and what a nice thing for your wife to “twist your arm” on... sounds like she really had to twist hard... lol. Let’s see some pics :)

Congratulations!

We all figured you had a screw loose... but not necessarily a loose screw. :shock: :tsk:

Looking forward to seeing your adventures with the new piece of kit!

It is great that your wife wants you to enjoy your passion, and blesses you with a new smoker. enjoy and make sure she always knows how much it was appreciated. Looking forward to pics of the first cook!

You'll love it. Have done a cooks on mine almost ever weekend plus the holidays since I picked it up in November.

Nice gesture of your wife. Hey, ask her if I can get a new smoker. I already know my wife will say, I just want a second opinion. Enjoy and be sure to get something nice for the Mrs.

New smoker excellent! Wife saying it's ok and prompting your purchase--priceless. Maybe I could get her to text my wife sometime and help me out. Looking forward to cooks!

Back