THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Titch :-)
My INKBIRD Review

Unit is shown here on Amazon.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Digital-Wireless-Bluetooth-Thermometer/dp/B07252BR9B/ref=sr_1_75?ie=UTF8&qid=1500538520&sr=8-75&keywords=wireless+thermometer[/ame]

KenInk, was kind enough to send me a 6 probe IBT-6X Smart Wireless BBQ Thermometer, to try and Review.
Even though I was given it to trial and review, I believe, what I post here, is Honest and accurate as I see it.
I have never used a Bluetooth equipped Piece of Cookware before.
Box showed some signs of Postal Damage, But no harm to the unit , its packed away rather neatly.

Out of the Box and a Quick read of the Basic instruction booklet, I fitted the batteries not supplied after working out how to access them.
I was scared of damaging the housing.

Grabbed my Samsung Tablet and hit up BBQ GO and straight away ran into problems, My Tablet was too old.

No big Problem, Grabbed my Samsung Android Phone and down loaded the App.
Most simplistic thing I have ever done,easy to load and simply Brilliant to connect.
The booklet is short on information but the App virtually guides you thru the setup.

Comparisons with My Maverick ProTemp showed very little difference, ambient and Boiling Water.

Once you have a play with it ,its easy to set up and save your own Temperatures, Both High and Low.

What I really Like is its simplicity, you can flick between Celsius and Fahrenheit and your Programming follows .
That great with Recipes on the internet
I could post in C and you can enter and change to F and Vice versa.

The transmitter has a large face and is easily read.

I have been using a Maverick Redi Check and had a continual problem with disconnect, 25 feet away through a Brick wall.
Dropped out when our Microwave was used, then would not auto Reconnect.
I gave the INKBIRD a thorough work out ,through a Tin shed , brick wall and 30mtrs approx this signal faded, microwave did not affect it and when I walked or drove back in Range ,it always auto reconnected.

Means I can sit next door and have a few beers with my Neighbor while watching my Cooking.

We tried the Inkbird out on a Pork Shoulder then Later a Chicken.

While the Pork was Cooking we set up the Acorn for Chicken, just too have a Play.
I like how you can be monitoring and setting up another cook at the same time.

Simply plug in the probes and the App recognizes it almost instantly.

The probes tend to be larger than I have used before, but I can see this product being great in our hot smoke Cabinet , with different Produce being cooked.
I have no Idea how much this will cost in Australia but we are getting Amazon down here in a few months.
I would recommend this product to my Friends but with the usual disclaimers.
Watch the probes, they are not water proof and watch the temps on them.
Make sure your Phone or Tablet are compatible.
I would prefer a smaller probe for the pit temp myself but it works.
Amazingly simple to use, a better instruction booklet or online tutorial would be nice.

Hope you find this Helpful and thank you to Inkbird/KenInk for allowing me to be part of it

Last edited:
Excellent review and pictures :clap2: Nice to see it used in a real world cook and thanks for the temperature and connection tests. Nice bark on the butt and color on the chicken as well.

I bought one off Amazon and I too like the simplicity. Unfortunately I didn't check the description closely and bought the 4 probe :mmph:

Anyway I plan to give it a whirl this weekend :thumb:

Excellent review and pictures :clap2: Nice to see it used in a real world cook and thanks for the temperature and connection tests.

I bought one off Amazon and I too like the simplicity. Unfortunately I didn't check the description closely and bought the 4 probe :mmph:

Anyway I plan to give it a whirl this weekend :thumb:

I believe 4 probes would be enough for me, the cables are not overly long and can get tangled among themselves like fishing Line.:laugh:
Some 2 mtr cables would be great
And Thank You.

Thanks for your great sharing friend. Glad you test it well. I have sum up your suggestions and will send it to our tech team. Thanks for you guys can help us become better and stronger.:thumb:

I believe 4 probes would be enough for me, the cables are not overly long and can get tangled among themselves like fishing Line.:laugh:
Some 2 mtr cables would be great
And Thank You.

I used it today for the first time on a couple pork tenderloin. I used all 4 probes to monitor the fat side and skinny side. I know what you mean about 4 being enough :biggrin1:

Super easy to set my pork temp and never lost connection as I moved upstairs and around the house. Overall I am pleased with it :thumb:

I used it today for the first time on a couple pork tenderloin. I used all 4 probes to monitor the fat side and skinny side. I know what you mean about 4 being enough :biggrin1:

Super easy to set my pork temp and never lost connection as I moved upstairs and around the house. Overall I am pleased with it :thumb:

Great idea, next time I do a brisket i will probe the flat and point seperate:thumb:

Very good write up, Titch. Mine just showed up on saturday, but I haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet.

I have one of the early 2 probe models and it has been excellent. I use several inkbird products in my homebrewing hobby and have always been pleased with their products.

How is the alarm on it? The iGrill unit sucks balls with them.. I still have to plug in my Maverick so it can get my ass up once it reaches temp.

I missed this review when it was posted. Very well written and photographed Titch!

I am looking at one of these to buy and I was wondering how would you rate their accuracy on the meat itself?
Can you set high and low alarms for the pit probe or just high? I know you wrote both. I just wanted to make sure it's both simultaneous.

How long are the probe wires? Is there a way to hang the transmitter on the cooker? where do you put the unit when you cook? How well can it handle heat?

Any other thoughts after using the inkbird for a while?

Sorry for the third degree...:-D

Do you have any issues with the temperatures reading REALLY off? I bought the 6-probe, and when I got it 5 were reading 45 degrees (when it was actually 68 degrees in the house) and the probe #2 read 201 degrees. I contacted inkbird and they recommended I put them in boiling water. I did, and they all read 212 which was great. I went to use them, and they snapped back to 45 and 201. They said that the problem was I need to use alkaline batteries...which I was. But they said it was a known issue.

They did send me a replacement that I only turned on so far, and all 6 are reading approximately the correct temperature in the house, so I'm excited to use them in a smoke. But it was strange to me that different batteries could impact the temperature, and that boiling them temporarily fixed the issue.

I missed this review when it was posted. Very well written and photographed Titch!

I am looking at one of these to buy and I was wondering how would you rate their accuracy on the meat itself?
Can you set high and low alarms for the pit probe or just high? I know you wrote both. I just wanted to make sure it's both simultaneous.

How long are the probe wires? Is there a way to hang the transmitter on the cooker? where do you put the unit when you cook? How well can it handle heat?

Any other thoughts after using the inkbird for a while?

Sorry for the third degree...:-D

OferL,

I just ordered the 6 probe unit. I like it. I found that the probes seemed to be accurate when I used it in the meat, and they also seemed to be accurate in the house.

You can use preset target temps for various kinds of meat, or you can create your own custom temp. You can choose between peak temp or a range for an alarm. The base unit itself is mostly plastic and I just set it on a shelf on my cooker. Probe length is about 4 feet, and I wish they were a little longer.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it, and I like the app for my phone as well. I've found the range of the Bluetooth signal to be excellent.

Ed

OferL,

Also, don't know if they are still running the special, but I just ordered mine with the discount code KenInk has going in the brethren sales and ventures. They are giving 20%off up front then another 30% after you leave a review on Amazon.....So I think I'm getting it for about $30 total, and I can tell you it kicks ass over my Maverick.

I am still enjoying this little temp set up, got it out of the box after a 6 week holiday and Bang.
it just connects.
Hope you don't mind the Bump and it was not asked for by Anyone.:thumb:

Back