THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bucknekked

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
I will save the long story, but the short version is a friend of mine asked me to cook a brisket for his daughter's wedding reception. I said yes, I'd love to. Then I remembered while most all of my BBQ is pretty dang tasty, my previous briskets were closer to dog food than wedding fare.

So, I bought a practice brisket and worked on it Thursday: it turned out awesome. So awesome when I cooked the real deal on Saturday for the evening event, I actually felt confident. The brisket came out amazing and I can thank the folks here for helping out. Aaron Franklin and Malcolm Reed helped a bit too.

picture.php

THAT's THE BRISKET GETTING READY TO SLICE: LOOKS AWESOME

picture.php
THESE ARE THE LEAN SLICES FOR THE PICKY EATERS
picture.php
JUST ME DOING THE DROOP TEST ON A SLICE: I THINK IT PASSED

picture.php
SOME MOIST CHUNKS AND SLICES
picture.php
SOME MORE MOIST CHUNKS AND SLICES

I really do appreciate all the help that comes with just asking for some on this forum. I don't pretend to know a lot and I'm always open to new suggestions. Particularly on a task like brisket. This was a great result. I'm sure it gets even better.

Looks delicious!!!!

What’s going on with the green stuff in the glasses on the counter behind the “slice balancing on knife” photo.

Chris
My wife bought a display of bulb based flowers. they are bulbs that will continously flower for a certain season. right now, they are dead looking. don't know if they come to life again this fall or not. they looked great when they were growing flowers and regrowing them. I don't even know what they are called.

Nice job! Looks great!
cowgirl
given all the recipes and cooks that I have read from you and about you, I will accept any praise from you with a big smile.

for us backyard, weekend warriors, brisket is a daunting thing.
Right up until you nail it.
I sure hope it isn't like golf where you have a bit of success and then the game humbles you for the next 5 or 6 holes.

thanks for a kind word.. All of y'all

Congrats!
I too relied on the knowledge and support of this forum when I attempted my first brisket. I might not have had the confidence to do it otherwise.

That's a thing of beauty. Nice work!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back