THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chibi

Full Fledged Farker
Gonna do fast butts today. It is only 2degrees outside now w/some wind. I have never tried the fast cook method. Will be interesting never tried to get the offset up to 350. 2 9lbers. Cannot wait for dinner!!

Attachments

• pork.jpg
    pork.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 97
Im doing a butt on the kettle..about 300 or so. Ft Collins?I went to CSU...great town.

Good luck. Be sure to keep the wind off that offset and keep it stoked. I cooked two packers last year for the super bowl in a 2 degree F wind storm and it was challenging at best.

Well it is done. Took it to 200 then let sit for about 1 hour. I foiled it at 3 hours and took it off at 6 hours. They were 9lbs each. Bone fell out.
They are so moist!!!! Not to much bark though. I attribute that to the Traeger. (Yes I cheated. Was worried about getting the offset to 350. But will try it later). Great flavor. It fell apart in my hands. So a little overcooked maybe?
I did them in the foil pan to catch the drippings. Makes an excelent sauce. (I had put a little beer in the bottom in the begining.)
Nice to know this works. Still like the low and slow for the more smoke flavor but in a pinch this is great!!
What do you think?
Michael

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 54
  • done2.jpg
    done2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 54
Back