My birthday meal.. It aint Q but it is my favorite meal on earth

Happy Birthday! The food takes me back to my grandmother serving a meal very similar. Same fried chicken, green beans and tomatoes from the garden, potatoes and corn bread. At the end of the day any food (except meat) went into a bucket and the dogs (they raised bird dogs) got it mixed with their food. They had fresh vegetables everyday and canned plenty for the winter. Thanks for the post!

Thx guys for all the birthday wishes and kind words... I have said it many many times this forum is loaded with great kind hearted folks... Hard working... kind ... And compassionate people.... I figured the post would take some people back to their mammas and grand mammas cooking.... I tell you brothers and sisters.... I love simple things and simple times...i sit in the house i was raised in all the time and think....how good life was in this home i was raised in..... We were raised simple.... Where love overshadowed any bad.... Tick tock tick tock...life is flying by... Cherish it.... And never forget where you came from...

Love on!!!!! TQ

Happy Birthday!

Never grew up with home cooking. Microwave food was always a thing and so was Pizza Hut.

Slowing down and family time never happened except holidays like Christmas.

You are a very lucky man. Enjoy every minute of it.

Food looks great.

Happy Birthday Paul!! Looks like the family took excellent care of you. You and I pick the same meal for birthday's! Fried chicken and mashed potatoes would be my last meal if I had to pick one!! I hope to get to meet you next weekend when I come up and pick up my cooker

Happy Birthday, brother. What a great looking family. And the chicken looked pretty rockin' too.

I have a good set of clippers for Tyler if you want to borrow em...

There is a place in town called Southern kitchen - Makes the best fried chicken I have ever had - Sharon's chicken looks like it may be even better.

Happy Birthday

You have more than money can buy brother!

Happy belated Birthday Paul - looks like life is good - and the eats are as well! And I'm with ya on preferring good ole home food over fancy stuff. I like it all, but if my time was limited I'd be going for the soul food for sure.

Back