THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

palehorse

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey howdy Hey Brethren!

Here, some light pr0n of a small smoke this weekend. I headed to Ralph's here on the west coast, after hearing of a sale on Tri-Tip, but missed out on it, so I picked up a nice Boneless Cross Rib Roast, on special. I figured it's close enough.
7018267373_9d2394e091_d.jpg

As I've been studying from all your glorious posts, I read one brother here used a spot of peach Jello™ gelatin in his rub. I ventured out on this creativity and tried a spot of cherry. It certainly gave the bark a hue of red. I found it a welcome addition, and thankfully, I didn't use much, nor did it overpower the meat.

Along side this small slice of heaven, two potato bombs*...also gleaned from the pages herein! (Though next time, I'll try smaller ones)
photostream

Sliced...
photostream

and plated with an appropriate beverage...
photostream

Thank you all, for reading, commenting and most of all sharing so that this rookie can keep learning. Without you, I'd still be using matchlight on my boiled ribs! Feel free to critique and mentor, I really need it.

**P.S.S. why the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, links no workie?

Back