THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
On June 9th OIFmarine, ChicagoKP, and I will be putting on BBQ in Milwaukee for homeless Veterans. This is our first solo event, so we are trying to keep the numbers smaller and more manageable at around 350 guests.

We need volunteers to help with prep, service, running, and clean up. If anyone is in the Milwaukee area and would be interested in joining us for this event, please let us know.

Also, we could probably use 1-2 more decent sized cookers, so if anyone is interested in cooking with us, let me know that as well.

Lastly, we have started a go fund me to help defray the costs for food and drink. If we exceed our goal, excesses will go to extra menu items, or seed money for the next event. Thanks in advance for your support

https://www.gofundme.com/bbq-for-homeless-veterans

OK I'm in, thanks for setting this up Matt, Kirk, & Chris! I'm pretty sure my oldest son can get behind this, too (right Andy? :mrgreen:). Is this downtown, or near the Zablocki VA campus?

Last edited:
OK I'm in, thanks for setting this up Matt & Chris! I'm pretty sure my oldest son can get behind this, too (right Andy? :mrgreen:). Is this downtown, or near the Zablocki VA campus?

That's great, dude! We'd love to have you. Send me a PM with how many guys, an email I can reach you at, and shirt sizes for all volunteers.

It is on the Zablocki campus. If you look at the satellite view of the campus, just north of the hospital is a pond and park. That is where we are holding this. Its a really cool spot!

Last edited:
Also, we could probably use 1-2 more decent sized cookers, so if anyone is interested in cooking with us, let me know that as well.
Does it have to be a Shirley? :becky: :rolleyes: :mod:

Should find out in about a week of so if I'll be free that weekend. I might be able to drag my FEC up there if needed, or just come up to help out. Will let you know.

Thanks for setting this up, Kirk! Didn't mean to leave you out previously!:becky:

No worries, I didn't take it that way.

Does it have to be a Shirley? :becky: :rolleyes: :mod:

Should find out in about a week of so if I'll be free that weekend. I might be able to drag my FEC up there if needed, or just come up to help out. Will let you know.

Hey Andy. Nope, doesn't have to be a Shirley. We were thinking the cook would need 5 'big ones' to get the job done. But that's our initial thoughts. Let us know if you're free and we'll see how that fits with what is needed. Fast Eddie's are nice cookers, especially for pulled pork and being able to sleep overnight! :thumb:

Hey Andy. Nope, doesn't have to be a Shirley. We were thinking the cook would need 5 'big ones' to get the job done. But that's our initial thoughts. Let us know if you're free and we'll see how that fits with what is needed. Fast Eddie's are nice cookers, especially for pulled pork and being able to sleep overnight! :thumb:

I know, just being a smart ass, since it sounds like a Shirley Fest. :becky:

FEC will hold 12-16 butts, maybe more, depending on size. I went through my stick burner phase when I was much younger. Now, I'm an old fart that likes his sleep. Which is why I got the FEC. :icon_sleepy :yawn:

DAMN KIDS! Get off my lawn!!!

I know, just being a smart ass, since it sounds like a Shirley Fest. :becky:

FEC will hold 12-16 butts, maybe more, depending on size. I went through my stick burner phase when I was much younger. Now, I'm an old fart that likes his sleep. Which is why I got the FEC. :icon_sleepy :yawn:

DAMN KIDS! Get off my lawn!!!

Dude, Fast Eddie's are awesome! So, not saying anything, other than I really like to sleep, so please come and bring it!

Back