THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
I'm up late tonight babysitting a product launch at work and I'm going out of town tomorrow so I had to use up some chicken thighs that I had in the fridge.

Really simple cook, seasoned with some Messy Mouth rub, onto the Traeger at 325 (cause that's where the dial landed when I turned it on) and smoked with some pecan & cherry for about an hour. Glazed with a honey, siracha & garlic jelly, let the glaze set and pulled em off.

Tasty lookin bird there. Has anyone tried to vacuum seal these for another day? I did. Two months in freezer, came out tender and juicy.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, just a comment to share.

Fantastic thighs... I wish there was a traeger where I work, but if they had one, all they would smoke would be veggies and tofurkey :sad:

Tasty lookin bird there. Has anyone tried to vacuum seal these for another day? I did. Two months in freezer, came out tender and juicy.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, just a comment to share.

I haven't done bone in thighs, but I bought a family sized chicken thigh fajita pack from HEB and cooked it all at one time. We ate that night and had a little leftovers, but I took 3 or 4 of the whole thighs and sealed them. About a week later, I pulled a couple out, heated them up and they made great chicken sandwiches. Added Monteray Jack cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato...

Fantastic thighs... I wish there was a traeger where I work, but if they had one, all they would smoke would be veggies and tofurkey :sad:

No Trager at work, I was on a conference call at home thankfully. A good chunk of my team has now been in the actual office for over 24-hours straight. I was lucky enough to get about 5 hours sleep before heading back in.

Back