THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jrogers84

is Blowin Smoke!
Doing my annual friend and family bbq. I expect 50-80 people. I’ve always done the usually brisket/pork plus a few other fun things but I’m going to do a taco bar type thing this year. I’m cooking the normal brisket,(or I’ll be killed) a Mexican pulled pork, chorizo and maybe barbacoa. Now I need help with sides. Most of which I can prepare the night before. Slaw, street corn salad....what else? I’ll have all the regular fixins out but I need a few more ideas. Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexican Rice - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223944&highlight=Mexican+rice

Might be too much of an ask since you will have stayed up all night with the brisket, but just the other night I made traditional Mexican rice, and with the leftovers, I made fried rice balls stuffed with fresh jalapeno, Monterey jack cheese and served with a chipotle creme sauce and salsa. Made 9 carnival sized rice balls from a cup and a half of rice. You could double or even triple that amount by making smaller balls.

I make a Mex Mac and cheese that is always a hit. A cheddar cheese sauce with a pinch of cloves. Mix Mac and cheese with a little seasoned ground beef, layer in a pan with a couple layers of Mac and a couple layers of salsa Verde and cilantro. Top with tortilla chips and a little more cheddar. Bake until 150 internal temp or so.

Jalapeño Popper Dip
Or if preferred whole
Texas Twinkies

Home made pimiento cheese blended with Coarse chopped ABT’s or green Chile with a strong chip or spread on those miniature deli breads

Grilled nopales

https%3A%2F%2Fstorage.googleapis.com%2Fgen-atmedia%2F3%2F2009%2F08%2Fd3d4ccc718f7da2ae5952375509d12904109559c.jpeg

Grilled onions

grilledonion.jpg

Back