THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
There's a special "Noodles from Around the World" Throwdown this month so some mac & cheese on the BGEs was in order. I adapted a recipe for Mexican Mac from a restaurant called Homeroom based in Oakland, CA that specializes in Mac & Cheese.

I had some heat left after cooking dinner the night before on our large Egg so I cooked up some mexican chorizo in a skillet:
f2VYQlw.jpg

The next day I continued the cook starting with the excitement of putting elbows into boiling water (ok, not so exciting to look at :grin:) in the small Egg. Finished cooking the noodles and drained/rinsed with cold water without incident.
OcBVEO9.jpg

Then I got to work on the bechamel by melting butter:
Okp2YB4.jpg

Adding flour, determined I needed a some direct heat and removed the stone deflector. Poured in warmed milk and whisked for a few minutes and then added a little salt:
Y9LXnq6.jpg

ubQiIBo.jpg

Then grated pepper jack cheese followed by some chopped chipotles with adobo sauce and cooked chorizo:
oMctPBX.jpg

rtW6rcg.jpg

Added the pasta, stirred, and cooked for a few minutes:
wcoUQDR.jpg

nyCcOp7.jpg

iYnqr8L.jpg

Served with some pico de gallo and some lime wedges:
y6UjF0R.jpg

Mrs R2 and I have a fairly low tolerance for spicy foods so this was pushing our limits for spiciness but it was delicious.

Thanks for looking!

I really have to stop reading these before bed. John, that looks ridiculously tasty. Well done.

Back